cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Running BTC process in SAP R3 PROD system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In our PRD. env ..one BTC job running since long time with out collecting any data .

when looked into job log and its associated BTC work process its status is active and the action performed is Sequential read to the table RESB .And this job current duration time 100000 + .

Few Points which are observed 1>When I looked into expensive SQL statement , I can see the table RESB most of the times and below is the screen which I observed over there

SQL Statement

SELECT

"XLOEK" , "MATNR" , "WERKS" , "AUFNR" , "POSTP"

FROM

"RESB"

WHERE

"MANDT" = :A0 AND "AUFNR" IN ( :A1 , :A2 , :A3 , :A4 , :A5 ) AND "POSTP" IN ( :A6 , :A7 , :A

:A9 )#

Execution Plan

Explain from v$sql_plan: Address: 07000000CE24FD58 Hash_value: 940166482 Child_number: 1

SELECT STATEMENT ( Estimated Costs = 29,530 , Estimated #Rows = 0 )

1 TABLE ACCESS FULL RESB

( Estim. Costs = 29,529 , Estim. #Rows = 75 )

Estim. CPU-Costs = 2,848,540,469 Estim. IO-Costs = 29,284

2>If we look into the statement it mentions as TABLE ACCESS FULL RESB , what does this mean ?

3>Normally the previous execution of these jobs on average is 1500 seconds .

4>This job is relating to BW , which collects data from R3 remotely and sends report for BW system .

Can any one suggest me to fix this issue. as this is causing performance issues to the system .

Best Regards

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

This job got hung. You need to cancel it. If job get hung repeatedly, then analyze the table RESB.

TABLE ACCESS FULL RESB means process unable to connect RESB. If analyze not work, the run total DB stat . Still you face problem the make RESB table buffering (SE13).

Check TRFC, QRFC no of entry. If it is huge, it can be problem. Send data part by part. Send data in week end not week days.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLEASE GOTO st12 and perform trace on the user from which the background job is running.In st12 give the program name also.

Once we have the trace we can get the help of the abaper and the functional team where the job is getting holded.

Thnaks

Rishi Abrol