cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design factors to be considered while creating data flow from R3 to SCM

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are rolling out SCM 5.0 to one region. We have 7 sub regions for which we need to capture the data into one SCM technical planning area.

We are getting data from R/3 to SCM through BI7.0. Data will flow from BI DSO to SCM BW DSO from then it must be directed to cubes and then to planning area. we had some business logics to be implemented from DSO to sub regions info cubes in the transformations by routines.

Is it sufficient to create one cube, transformation with expert routine to get the data from DSO ( in the SCM ) for all sub regions instead of creating 7 separate cubes and their separate transformation?

Out of 7 sub regions, 2 sub regions have different business logics to be implemented. Remaining are same.

The data volume for all the regions at present is 5 million..it may increase in near future..

Could you please give me some specific design factors to be considered for the flexible design?

Thanks,

Ramya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

As your data volume for all regions is extremely high, I would suggest you create 7 separate

infocubes for loading the data. This will facilitate easier retrievability while transfer or

extraction for the future.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

0 Kudos

Hi Senthil Mareeswaran,

Thanks for the reply for this query. Sure.. I will go ahead as you suggested.

Thanks,

Ramya.

Answers (0)