cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM: Sample Size is 32767 if freely defined inspection point is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Inspection plan with freely defined inspection point (100).

Inspection type: 04

I want to do 100% inspection. Material master setting is done for early lot creation.

If I use freely defined inspection point in the plan and create an order of any quantity > 32767, I get a sample size of 32767. If create a order of 100000 qty still sample size is 32767 and I can't even change it during result recording. If I don't use freely defined inspection point I get a sample size which is equal to the order quantity.

My Requirement:

I want to use freely defined inspection point in the plan... and also I want to get a sample size equal to production quantity (not 32767 always when production quantity exceeds the this quantity).

Please let me know how to control this fix sample size 32767 when my plan is with freely defined inspection point.

Regards,

Abir.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abir

This is the limitation from SAP side. Please refer SAP Note Note 338570 .As the above values are not the highest possible specification limits, the program has been corrected so that the highest possible specification limits are now checked.

The specification limit of 19,999 was increased to 32,767

Hope this solves the issue

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding

Inspection type: 04

When your lot size is 32767 then sample size is > 32767

That means you are confirmaing 100% quantity during confirmation.

now when a order of 100000 qty still sample size is 32767.i just want to know how much qty you confirm in Co11/co15.

Inspection lot 04 is getting genarted only after confirmation of quantity.

also go to QDV3 & check the sample size for the sampling procedure you have attached to the task list.

wheather it is fixed sampling.I find this possibility very rare.

Better check confirmation quantity & not the production order quantity.sample size will be equal to production order quantity when 100% confirmation is done.

Regards'

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sample size under 'Inspect' column in result recording screen is always 32767, if order quantity >32767.

I use EARLY lot creation (through material master setting), because I want one lot for one production order... do partial confirmation. Lot is created with production order release, before actual GR takes place.

Say I have an order with qty 100,000 and if I open the lot after REL of order I see,

inspection lot quantity: 100,000

Actual Lot Qty: 0

Sample Size: 100,000

Even if I do confirmation and GR for say 100,000 qty and open the Lot I can see,

inspection lot quantity: 100,000

Actual Lot Qty: 100,000

Sample Size: 100,000

When I go to result recoding screen, against every MIC there is column 'Inspect' (there I get 32767), there is another entry field 'Inspected' (here system don't allow to enter more that 32767)

Sampling procedure I have used:

Sample Type: 200 100% Inspection

Valuation Mode: 500 Manual Valuation

Free Inspection Point

May be I made mistake in pointing out the issue; the problem is with 'Inspect' quantity in result recording - which always appearing 32767. For smaller quantity order its equal to order quantity. How change the 'Inspect' quantity.

Also not if I remove Inspection Point from the plan I get "Inspect' quantity equal to Production order quantity.

Best regards,

Abir.