Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Quality Flow

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone guide me for Material flow in case QM is activated.

I am doing following.

Process I) MIGO > QA32> LU04--> LT06 Aaginst 101 movement.

Process 2) MIGO --> TO against 101 docuemnt --> System is asking for sample --> assigning sample say 5 pcs out of 100 pcs --> TO Created --> QA32 (Unrestricted 100 pc) > LU04> TO Confirmation (101 movemnt TO) -->

Once I am confirming TO (101 Movement) , it confirms only 95 numbers , 5 pcs are not coming into stock

For getting 5 pcs I am using LT01 --> All manual entries.

My query

a) What is standard process for QM in WM.

b) Process 1 is correct or wrong.

c) Process 2 is correct or wrong.

Background: Interface QM , nothing is maintained in Config, still system is working for above mentioned processes.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you doing in QA32. Here at the time of usage decision you have to give 100 unrestricted or 95 unres & 5 Inspectn.

Nagesh

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am giving 100 pcs in QA32.

Regards,

Manish

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Giving 100 in Unrestricted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether process 1 or process 2, At the time of Usage Desicion, system must be asking 4 radio buttons

1) Stock transer to insp. sample bin

2) Remains in GR zone

3) Put Away

4) Ignore

you have to select 3 (Put Away) in order to have all 100 put away

Nagesh

Edited by: Nageshwar Rao on Jul 14, 2009 2:28 PM

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing as below

MIGO--> LT06 -->100PCS Putaway selected --> QA32 --> 100 Unrestricted --> LU04 --> Create TO --> Message is appearing "No quant exit for posting changes".

""No quants exist for posting changes

Message no. L3094

Diagnosis

No quants requiring a posting change were found.

Procedure

Check your entries.""

What should I do .

Regards,

manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge when you take usage decision, automatically TO is created in background. Go to LT23 or LT24 give the required details. You will get the list of open TOs. Select TO and confirm.

Nagesh

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Thanks for your reply. In my case Posting change Notice gets generated. This PCN is generated in background. We need to go in LU04 & Create TO from there.

Is it necessary to get PCN or we can also generate TO Direct. If Yes, could you please confirm, what is use of Posting change Notice.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case PCN is required to create TO (whether TO is created manually or not) as it acts as the base document for TO. As you have said that "No quant exit for posting changes", I asked you to try LT24. Did you try that? What did u find there? Did not you get any open TO there?

If that is the case, you have to re-check your strategies.

Nagesh

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried LT24 as well, but there is not TO generated .

I did setting in Interface for QM, and now I am getting PCN with quant and able to Create To.

Could you please details, where the PCN is used and in case we are not using then how system behaves.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

PCN is used for Changing the Stock Category i.e say Quality to Un-restricted.

As per your first process, if you have done GR for 100 Qtys then Stock will be posted to QA Inspection.

Now to change the QA Stock to Un-res use, you do U.D which triggers a PCN in WM & the same should be converted into a TO & confirmed so that the stock category will be changed into Un-res in WM.

Now once you process the above 101 material doc created against the GR, i.e by converting into a TO & by confirming it your Stock will be putaway in the respective destination storage type & bin.

Regarding the 2nd Process, when you are entering the sample & whats the Stock category of the same ? whether any PCN or TO is created against the same ?

Hope its clear,

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

HI SAP FC,

Thanks for your advice. I am clear about process I . For process 2 still have some query,. Please note below.

Process 2;

MIGO-for 100 pcs > LT06 (101 Movement)> Insp qty rem in GR Area 5 pcs >QA32> 100 PCS Unrestriced --> Confirm TO 101 Movement --> LU04 --> Create TO wrt PCN --> TO Confirmed in background automatically --> Now stock is still lying in Sto type Posting change notice in Q stock negative 95 pcs & positive Unrestricted 95 pcs into our Physical storage type 002. There is nothing in Pick or Putaway.

My Query:

1) How can we get our stock corrected i.e. 95 should be in Unrestriced stock in physical storage type 002, instead Q stock in 002 & another Q negative stock in 922

2) I observed that LI21 is having two line item. Why are these created.

a) I tried to clear above differences in LI21: Only one quantity Postive Unrestriced 95 is cleared and one materail document is created. Accounting doc is also created with this, but debit & credit same.

b) While clearing another quantity negative Q stock from LI21 System gives following error.

Quant no. Error text

0000002015 Change the inspection stock of material 2001681 in QM only

Why it is appearing & How to clear or remove this from here.

3) Is it mandatory to confirm 101 Movement TO , after 321 movement TO.

Kindly help to reply me, so that I can go ahead for processing.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I hope you are confused with the functionality of PCN.

As I mentioned in my previous thread, the PCN is used to change the stock category.

I.e. If you have a GR for 100 qtys & if the stock is in QA. you can move the same to un-res using QA32 usage decision.

Now when you post the usage decision, in inventory management (MM) the stock type will be changed to un-res & you can see your stock @ SL level in MM (un-res use stock) .

Now in WM system will create a PCN in the background when you do a UD.

i.e 100 qtys in intermediate Bin (902) Stock type Q will be moved to 922 (intermediate bin - Posting change) Stock type - Q. Now using the intermediate bin 922 the stock type wil be changed to un-res from Quality (Q) & the qty will be moved from 922 to your respective destination storage type such as 001, 002 etc..

You can see the above details in the posting change display - LU03 & also in the TO created against the PCN using LT21 (See the source & destination storage type & Stock type).

You can either do the UD first & then Process the 101 TO or viceversa.

Both is OK I guess only difference is in the stock type.

Hope this will clear your doubts.

Revert in case of any doubts.

Regards,

l

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once again thanks for Giving me more clarity and I run the process successfully.

Following are observations .

a) If more then 1 to for same purchase order is created, and material is subject to Quality Inspection, Following is error

No quant exits. Message No L3 094

If I am going in LU02 & Changing Removing Inspection Lot no from PCN, then only system allow me to create TO

Refer sapnote_0000389492 for the Message.

According to SAP Note I changed my config setting in the following place.

To do this, select the 'Material doc' indicator for the selected requirement type in the movement type in WM Customizing under 'Activities -> Transfers -> Define Requirement Types' -

Warehouse no --> B- Purchase Order --> Checked for Dy bin material.

Still facing same problem.

b) Till time I am not confirming TO for 101 Movement, system gives the above error even I deleted Inspection Lot from the PCN.

Where as you have mentioned the TO confirmation can be done viseversa.

Could you please clear following.

a) How to get rid of Message "Quant doesn't exist for PCN.", in case Manual Inspection lot is not removed from PCN.

b) How to get rid of Message "quant doesn't exist for PCN" even Inspection lot is removed from PCN but 101 TO is not yet confirmed.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Nice to know the updates from your end.

Can you tell me when you are getting the above error (No Quant exists) ?

Also please brief me the process flow which you are following.

Thanks & Regards,

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goods Receipt against Purchase Order, material is subjected to quality inspection.

Following are steps.

1) Create MIGO 1 --> Create TO-1 (No Confirmation- (Place full quantity into stock option selected during TO creation)

2) Create MIGO 2 --> Create TO-2 (No Confirmation- (Place full quantity into stock option selected during TO creation)

3) QA32 --> for MIGO 1 document --> Full qty Unrestricted stock.

4) LU04 --> Select doc for TO creation --> Error Quant doesn't exist.

Now two options are available

Option 1) Confirm TO1 --> LU04 --> Create TO --> Same Error message.

Opton 2) LU02 Delete Inspection lot Number --> LU04 Create TO --> Same error message.

So finally to overcome this problem I am doing as below

a) Confirm TO-1

b) Delete inspection lot from LU02

c) LU04 --> Create TO --> Confirm TO

""No quant exits. Message No L3 094""

""Refer sapnote_0000389492 for the Message""

Could you please clear following.

a) How to get rid of Message "Quant doesn't exist for PCN.", in case Manual Inspection lot is not removed from PCN.

b) How to get rid of Message "quant doesn't exist for PCN" even Inspection lot is removed from PCN but 101 TO is not yet confirmed.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check your posting change notice after completing your 3rd step using the

transaction LU03 - Processing Status tab ?

Check whether a TO is created in the background once you do the UD using QA32.

If this is happening then this is the reason the above error. Now confirm your 101 TO using LT12.

If you dont find a TO number in the processing tab in LU03. Try to create a TO using LT05 transaction. Also Check the following in your PCN document

1. Mov.type - 321

2. Storage type - 922

3. Stock Category of From Material - Q & To Material is Un-res use in the Stock for Posting Change area in LU03.

Check the above mentioned & revert.

Thanks & Regards,

Answers (0)