Did you mean: 

NW Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Was looking at this particular thread:

The following was mentioned:

_______

• SAP NetWeaver systems that are configured for a specific purpose, indicated by the usage type.*

• Netweaver mobile 7.1 comes as part of SAP NetWeaver system with usage type Application Server ABAP *

• and usage type Mobile. There is no seperate installable unit for mobile than ABAP AS. *

_______

Is it possible to do a PI 7.1 installation and specify a usage Type of MI and PI during the install?

If I have already installed PI 7.1 (AS ABAP + AS JAVA), then:

-> Is there a way to add a MI Usage Type afterwards OR

-> Will one have to do the instllation again and specify MI Usage Type AND PI Usage Type??

TIA

Edited by: Casey Harris on Jul 11, 2009 4:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No answer ...

rajeswara_srao
Explorer
0 Kudos

>>Is it possible to do a PI 7.1 installation and specify a usage Type of MI and PI during the install?

- No. Not possible.

>>If I have already installed PI 7.1 (AS ABAP + AS JAVA), then:

-> Is there a way to add a MI Usage Type afterwards OR

- No. Not possible

-> Will one have to do the instllation again and specify MI Usage Type AND PI Usage Type??

- No. Not possible.

PI and Mobile combination in principal should work but not officially tested by SAP. The PI ABAP could be used as the Mobile server (DOE). Check if the transaction sdoe_wb is available. That means you pretty much have mobile. Assign thre roles SDOE_* to your user. You should see all mobile transactions enabled in the user menu even on PI 7.1 ABAP server.

If you are going to test this on your own this scenario (running mobile on PI ABAP server), please let us know the results. A good scalabiltiy tests should be performed if you are going to use this as productive scenario.

Regards,

Rajeswara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

PI and Mobile combination in principal should work but not officially tested by SAP. The PI ABAP could be used as the Mobile server (DOE). Check if the transaction sdoe_wb is available. That means you pretty much have mobile.

By this, mobile is there. So, the normal way to do things is to create a SID with just AS ABAP alone ..

Assign thre roles SDOE_* to your user. You should see all mobile transactions enabled in the user menu even on PI 7.1 ABAP server.

When trying to do this, I get the message that the role SDOE_* does not exist.

Also, does one HAVE to use the NWDS 7.1 - or - will NWDS 7.0 work? The version I have now NWDS 7.0 runs with Windows XP Professional - it also has a Mobile Perspective?

If NWDS 7.1 is needed then is there ANY place from which one can download a NWDS 7.1 so that it will run with Windows XP Professional?

TIA

Edited by: Casey Harris on Jul 13, 2009 12:28 PM

rajeswara_srao
Explorer
0 Kudos

When trying to do this, I get the message that the role SDOE_* does not exist.

- Sorry for the typo. It is SAP_DOE*

Also, does one HAVE to use the NWDS 7.1 - or - will NWDS 7.0 work? The version I have now NWDS 7.0 runs with Windows XP Professional - it also has a Mobile Perspective?

- NWDS 7.1 needed because it has mobile plugins integrated.

If NWDS 7.1 is needed then is there ANY place from which one can download a NWDS 7.1 so that it will run with Windows XP Professional?

- NWDS is also part of CE 7.1. Or check CE section where you could download the trail version on sdn at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/50c58b14-da6d-2a10-ca94-a3c0937828d6

Dont know if trail version has the mobile plug-ins though.

TIA

Edited by: Casey Harris on Jul 13, 2009 12:28 PM