Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

encoding in RFC Receiver

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have trouble with the following scenario:

Data from an R3 system is obtained by an RFC call and then send via SOAP to a 3rd party system.

On the R3 system the data is encoded in different codepages which need to be converted to UTF-8 before sending them via SOAP.

So I want to use an adapter module in the RFC receiver channel to make this conversion.

Unfortunatelly it seems like the data I am receiving in the adapter module is already converted to UTF-8, but from the wrong codepage.

For example I am expecting data to be sent to me in ISO-8859-9 and there should be the letter I with a dot above it in the payload which equals hex "c4 b0" in UTF-8. But instead I am finding "c3 9d" which is is the letter Y with acute. When I now look into the ISO-8859-9 code table, I find that my c4 b0 letter has the code DD. The letter I am getting instead is not in the ISO-8859-9 table, but it is in the ISO-8859-1 table.. and guess where, it also has code DD. The same goes for other letters.

So it seems the payload I am getting is already in UTF-8, but got converted to UTF-8 from the wrong codepage (In this case it seems like it was converted to UTF-8 from ISO-8859-1 instead of ISO-8859-9).

What can I do to receive the payload in the right encoding?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

An idea anybody? I am using PI 7.1 by the way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your R/3 Unicode or non-unicode based system?

When its unicode, you should receive it in UTF-8.

-SM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When its unicode, you should receive it in UTF-8.

Unicode or not, the RFC adapter always converts the payload into UTF-8, so there is nothing left to do here.

Regards

Stefan