cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Threshholds NOT triggering alerts for alert monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having problems getting the perfomance monitors to trigger actual alerts that kick out alert notfication emails. Specifically, I am testing with system configuration/concurrent users and have set the threshholds which do show up as red (like an alert) on current status, but do't produce any alerts to the right on the monitoring screen show open alerts screen. I have successful set up the certificates to trigger alerts under R3Syslog/security just fine and it triggers and produces an email using ccms_onalert_email, but for some reason the concurrent user threshholds only turn red, but don't ever show an alert. Is there something unique to the performanc etype monitors that is preventing these from occurring?

This is current status

Instance Status

Concurrent Users

Concurrent Users (all Clients) 23 Usrs, Red 07/10/2009 , 16:38:19

Concurrent Users (Client 000) 0 Usrs , Green 07/10/2009 , 16:38:19

this is open alerts....

Instance Status

Concurrent Users

Concurrent Users (all Clients)

Concurrent Users (Client 000)

This is mointoring details.....show the threshholds are hit.

General details

Context Object name Short name Type Class Highest alert Number of alerts Definitio

System Configuration Concurrent Users Concurrent Users (all Clients) Performance Concurrent Users (all Clients) 0 ENABLED

Current performance details

Context Object name Short name Unit Last Value Last minute Last 5 minutes Last 15 minutes

System Configuration Concurrent Users Concurrent Users (all Clients) Usrs 23 - - 23

Performance-specific Customizing data

Context Object name Short name Unit Green -> Yellow Yellow -> Red Red -> Yellow Yellow -> Green Comparison value f

System Configuration Concurrent Users Concurrent Users (all Clients) Usrs 5 10 5 4 Last Value

Here is the properties of the monitoring object....

Performance properties assigned from group Concurrent Users

Change from GREEN to YELLOW 5 Usrs

Change from YELLOW to RED 10 Usrs

Reset from RED to YELLOW 5 Usrs

Reset from YELLOW to GREEN 4 Usrs

Alert is triggered if the comparative value

Message class RT

Message number 001

Text &1 &3 > &2 &3 Current value over threshold value

thanks for any help you can provide.

Bran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check if you are able to see Open Alerts for those classes that are sending mails. If you see alerts, then it makes sense for you to get mail alerts.

If you do not see alerts & not getting mails then that means the threshold hasn't been reached.

Regards

Puneeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I see open alerts for non performance attribute monitors. They DO reach the thresholds because they turn red.

Thanks........Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not quite sure exactly what you mean here (please expand), but here are the methods assignments......

Method execution

Start the data collection method every seconds

In the absence of values deactivate after 0 seconds

Data collection method CCMS_SYSTEM_INFO_COLLECT

Collect System Metainformation

Auto-reaction method CCMS_OnAlert_Email

Auto-reaction method: email if alert

Analysis method <NO_METHOD>

You can see i have the auto-reaction set to alert on email (just like my other monitors that work via email), but here it looks like no alerts are actually being generated even though the threshholds turn red. When i display alerts for that monitor the log shows none (on tcode SAPLSLVC_FULLSCREEN) even though it is red on the monitor current status screen.

Thanks.....Bran

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

This link takes me to a triggering a heartbeat alert if no values are reported doc. I didn't see anything there about "releasing" an alert method. But I will go ahead and set the heartbeat alert for my test to see if a positive threshhold for 5 seconds triggers an actual alert. If it does then i still have a problem, since positive ones don't.

Thanks.......Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has not created a trigger evn though they were marked inactive and obsolete (light blue), so i don't think that is going to work. i plan on leaving it this way overnight to verify nothing gets triggered, but then i will focus back on the trying to get a positive trgigger generated by the threshhold being reached on the top side again.

Thanks........Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

This never did trigger for heartbeat either, so I have changed it back to threshhold levels for alerts. This still dosen't appear to be working, so if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.

Thanks.......Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm,

if you are able to see the alerts when you select the MTE and click on the open alerts in the menu

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it doesn't show any actual alerts being triggered. None in open or History displays for this MTE.

Thanks......Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Choose "Last reported value" in Comparative value for Performance attribute.

As per your threshold values, it should trigger alerts when it exceeds the thresholds.

You need to enable the mail delivery for each & every client. Or enable it on MTE class "MO Concurrent Users"

Regards

Puneeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are set ........... once again they do turn read because the threshhold is reached, but no actual alert is thrown.

The email send works for others, just not the performance attributes. I don't what you mean by set these on the mo current, since there is no method listed there only the general tab information. Any other ideas?

Thanks.......Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bran,

Check with the methods assigned to the class, if they are released or not.

Regards,

Pavan