cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we display JE for check PLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our customer would like to print the journal entry on the PLD as well. I never did this before. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Yuka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLD only allow primary link. In other word, the linked field has to be a primary key for the table. That is why UDF has to be added for PLD purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, if I need to know the formatcode of 'customer account code ' in check PLD, I have to create a UDF? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. That would be a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I create a UDF for check? I created on under >> Payments >> checks. But I cannot find it when I open a check window. I would like to have a UDF for check window that can give me the format code of 'customer account code'. Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This UDF you added would only be available under payment means form. Check the table format to see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to customer account code (credited G/L Account) for 'check for payment type' check as well. When I print a check, I would like to print the journal entry for the check (include the G/L account code, amount). Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLD has so many limitations. You are limited on the choices what you can get. Try some other tools like Crystal Report for easier customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will let them know there is no way to do that in PLD.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are using segmented CoA, your account codes are saved in Segment_0, Segment_1, Segment_2 ... fields. FormatCode field has the full account code without dash. There is no simple option to display them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may check this thread to find some others similar request:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jie ,

Can you explain it more .If you want to print JE , you can print because JE does come with PLD.

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your kind help.

1) If the check is from outgoing payment, they would like to have that JE. I cannot see any transaction no. on the check

2) If they create the check directly, when I click the transaction no. I can see a JE. They need that JE on the check.

Edited by: Jie Jin on Jul 10, 2009 11:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It will be on the PLD. as you are making out going payment. see the trans. No open that trans No. you will get the JE and give the print. if requires edit the PLD as per your need

Ashish Gupte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

The Credited G/L Acct field is Var 12 #000000043 CheckAcct

How can I get the CheckAcct and Acct Name from the database in PLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PLD gives me the account code like _SYS000...That is the system account code. I need the G/L account code. Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In that case use segment0 Segment1... in your PLD .

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I found there is a segment in OACT (GL Account table) named Format Code that can show me the Account Code. So, I can display the GL account for OCHO (Check for payment table) - Vendor code.

When I tried to display OCHO (Check for payment table) - Customer Account code, if it doesn't come from an outgoing payment, I will get an error message "No matching records found - check for payment (OCHO) (ODBC - 2028) [Message 131 - 183]"

This is the way I display GL account.

Field1: customer account code

Field2: G/L account - formatcode Link to field1

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These two fields have no link you want. Format Code is linking to GL account only, not customer account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

The customer account code is the like '_SYS000....' I would like to have either format code or segment code.

How can I do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is a Gl account code but not a BP account code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know. I would like to know the formatcode of it. So I link it to G/L table. Then I got an error message. The checks from outgoing payments are correct. Others got error message. After I delete formatcode field, I can print the checks.