cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Catalogs in SRM-MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can any body explain how external catolog works in SRM, when we select a product or supplier from external catalalog how it the data will be carried forward to follow-on documents?? If possible suggest me some docs..

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Required some more details

1) Then how the Product data will be captured for the follow-on Documents?? Do we require to maintain the product detals in our SRM or ECC system to manage the follow on documents??

Regards

Anil

Edited by: anil.srm on Jul 12, 2009 9:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

External catalogs are used for the low dollar & high variety of goods like office supply, tools, hardware etc. Generally, products are non coded & short description of material, product category & price information is passed to the SRM system (OCI).

You have to maintain the product category in SRM & ECC system. Make sure product category information is passed else you have to map using bbp_catalog_transfer BADI.

(Product is optional, if you want to procure coded materials then you have to maintain product as well)

Maintain the catalog ID atttribute for the user/deptt in Org structure, you will be able to view the external catalog link in Shopping cart.

SRM-MDM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/45/ddd04f8c6e2e97e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh & Muthu,

I got Complete overview of External Catalog.

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Can you share    I am having similar questions as we are doing a poc . Do you find any mdm catlog config guide best practices bulding blocks kind of thing.

can you share your contacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

We are in POC for SRM7.0 with MDM3.0 Catalog. Here I have some questions

1) We are not using any external catalog i.e you said that is only internal MDM catalog is XI required for this??

We are not using any Contracts,PIR from ECC or SRM. and We have created some products in to the MDM system repository and created an System in SAP EP and linked MDM system to SAP EP. But we are not able to see any search or products in the SAP EP UI. All are showing as errors. Can you please guide me what is the next steps to be followed??

2) I have Given the Same URL which we are using for access of SRM via portal will it trigger MDM-Catalog link also??

3) I want to show some images in the catalog.

Can you please guide me what is the next steps to follow..

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu thank for the time you spent,

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your responce Muthu,

I have some un answered question in this answer .. I.e.

1) Do we need to maintain these suppliers in our ECC or SRM system??

2) Did we need to maintain the product data and Price info also??

3) And What is exactly Supplier catalog?? Is it a catalog with multiple suppliers, from where we can select an unknown supplier or is it a catalog provided by supplier for the products??

4) If we don't know the supplier and if we link him from external supplier catlog or external product catalog How they are managed in follow-on documents like PO,Confirmation and or Invive in backend ECC??

5) Is it possible to have an external catalog with MDM??

6) Is MDM or CCM or Requisite catalog not linked with external catalog and will be used only for internal catalog purpose??

Please spend some time to answere this..

Thanks

Anil

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Anil

1) Do we need to maintain these suppliers in our ECC or SRM system??

Yes.

2) Did we need to maintain the product data and Price info also??

These information come from Catalog as inbound parameters.but we do have option DONT check product flag in the webservice options. so it is optional.

3) And What is exactly Supplier catalog?? Is it a catalog with multiple suppliers, from where we can select an unknown supplier or is it a catalog provided by supplier for the products??

yes . we collect the supplier catalog from various suppliers with their product and price information and upload in our catalog server.

4) If we don't know the supplier and if we link him from external supplier catlog or external product catalog How they are managed in follow-on documents like PO,Confirmation and or Invive in backend ECC??

we must have a vendor entry in our system before we do business.

5) Is it possible to have an external catalog with MDM??

MDM is a Intranal catalog since we mangage all the catalogs.

but we can have many catalogs like external /internal cataolgs.

if you click MDM catalog, data comes from MDM server.

if you click Punch out catalog ,data comes from external website/servers maintained by private party.

6) Is MDM or CCM or Requisite catalog not linked with external catalog and will be used only for internal catalog purpose??

MDM and CCM are internal catalogs.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regards

Anil

Edited by: anil.srm on Jul 12, 2009 9:28 AM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

requisite bugs eye, ccm and MDM are internal catalogs managed by purchasing department.

puncout catalogs are maintained by external supplier on catalog expertise.They prepared readymade catalog for us. Just we linked their URLS from our SRM and bring the data to SRM and moreover we must map their data to our sap srm data via bbp_catalog_transfer Badi for eg. UNSPSC product category to SAP SRM product category.Moreover the supplier catalog must be OCI compliant.

webservice id values are maintained in organsisational attribute CAT=web service id. so that end user gets URL link to access the catalog.

see many threads on sc forums.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu

based on your answers I want to reconfirm

When we impliemnt MDM catalog   and External catalog punchout 

we will behaving two links in the screen one MDM catalog and 2 punchout .

So  all the catalogs will not be inside the MDM .  MDM is purely for internal catalog maintainance and the data need to be prepared in Excell...  some formate of file and upload .

External punchout catalog we can never bring inside MDM and compate do cross catalog verfication with  Ineternal catalog

Can you elobarate on External and internal catalogs in MDM