Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate - Payer

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

i have a question, let me know if this is possible.

I have 4 sold-to's, ship-to's & payers , customer master is maintained as follows-

Sold-to Ship-to Payer

100 200 300

101 201 301

102 202 302

103 203 303

Business wants to give rebates to only one payer # 300 irrespective if the sales order is created with any of the sold-to's or ship-to's , is this possible?

Thanks,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

I got few ideas but not the solution, which i found my self by exploring more into SAP functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In rebate process rebate agreement and all accruals are based on sold to party in standard it is not possible to pay manual to payer because if u pay manually you have to go by path means go to rebate agreement u2013 pay manually tab then select you customer and system will shoe how much u can pay max suppose 1000 is max amount then u will suppose u will pay 500 amount but it will show only sold to party because when system do the accruals it will do only based on sold to party not on ship to or payer

Sageer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

No, if you mainain 300 as PY for only 100--then it won't be possible to include sales of other Sold-To while calculating Rebates for 300.

Question/Suggestion: What is the reason that rebates should be calculated/considered for other sold to for 300?

if it's a valid reason, why can't business maintain 300 as another PY in other Sold-To Partner Functions?

Also, check if this is doable for your case: make all Payers as relevant for Rebates i.e. 300, 301, 302 etc relevant for rebates.

Create agreements for all payers. Activate manual accruals for the RA type.

and in the RA, create condition records with high accruals %age for 300 alone = 301302303.

then at the time of settlement do not pay anything to the other Payers but sum up all other accruals and pay it to 300.

I hope this helps.

If not, Please get back with complete business background, so I can suggest you how to setup Rebates for your client..

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Thanks for your response.

Business is creating credit memo's manually as of now, they want to automate Rebates in SAP.

Currently they are creating F2 regualar invoices to the payer mentioned in the customer master but they are giving rebates

to only one payer .

If I add PY 300 in another sold-to customer master then how Regular invoices will be created? one sold-to will have 2 payers , don't think this is feasable.

Business doesn't want to create so many agreements, this is the reason they want to give rebate to only 300 so that they create one agreement & will be only one Credit memo, less work.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Technically having 2 Payers is possible. However, NOT recommended at all.

In my other suggestion, I believe you've no choice but to create multiple RAs..

However, during settlement you need not create multiple cr memos.

You check the accrued amount from other payers and pay nothing to them & close the RA.

For PY 300, you change the amount to be payed and create the settlement.

Note: Clicking the Final Settlement button from within the RA does create a Credit Memo in SAP.

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Raghu,

You can always key in different REBATE RECIPIENT in RA & then key in PAYER.in your key combination.

In my example, Rebate recepient wud be # 300 & in my key combination PAYER could be 301,302,303 etc..

Do you see any issue in this process ?

Looks okay to me in my testing...

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Yes that is OK for maintaining RA and condition records.

But, please do create some invoices for 301, 302, 303 and 300.

And, check if the amount from 301, 302, 303 is accrued in 300's invoices--if this works, it's the best possible solution with least effort/confusion.

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Raghu,

You mean check if the amount from 301, 302, 303 is accrued in 300's credit memo , correct?

Yes, i wll do that & see the result. have you ever been in this situation ?

thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Manish, we need to carry that testing out to confirm it works and suggest to your client accordingly.

No, I haven't been in that situation.

I worked with clients who are very process-oriented and require lot of approvals for such scenarios.

So, generally we follow process and suggest solutions even if its time taking.

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

i think i got my own answer by exploring , i wud give u pt's

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have maintained the Payer Master Record for 300, then actiave the Rebate in Sales Area Data > Billling > Activate Rebate.

Now maintain this Partner Function as 300 ( Payer) in the Sold to-party Master Record > Sales Area Data > Partner Function.

Also maintain the Condition Record at VB01 with this Payer 300.

Sold-to Ship-to Payer 

100 200 300

If this is the only combination for Payer 300 , then only this one will get Rebate.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Ankur,

See the example, it says they already have different payers 300,301,302 etc.... in each sold-to master record, they cannot add

another payer 300.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its ok as you have already maintained the payer as 300 then activate the Rebate in Sales Area Data > Billling > Activate Rebate.

Also maintain the Condition Record at VB01 with this Payer 300.

Hope after maintaining the Condition record , only this Payer 300 will get the Rebate.

Best Regards,

Ankur