Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SAP reserve function keys F1, F3, F4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is to assign reserve function keys F1, F3, F4 to z screen push buttons.

As this screen is going to execute in RFID device, they will have limited buttons like F1 to F4.

So, client is expecting F1, F2, F3, F4 should work for push buttons SAVE, CLEAR, BACK, NEXT respectively.

where as only F2 is available in MENU painter function keys, how can i assign these reserve keys to requirement?

I appreciate the help.

regards,

Naren.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to custom Menu painter and Expand Function Keys and add Standard Tools bar all 0ptions..

and next put the same function keys to your custom Push buttons..

Now the Custom buttons act like Standard Buttons..

or

Check the Recommended Function Key Settings , Freely Assigned Function Keys Under Function Keys and assign

which are available...

Prabhudas

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to custom Menu painter and Expand Function Keys and add Standard Tools bar all 0ptions..

and next put the same function keys to your custom Push buttons..

Now the Custom buttons act like Standard Buttons..

or

Check the Recommended Function Key Settings , Freely Assigned Function Keys Under Function Keys and assign

which are available...

Prabhudas

0 Kudos

prabhudas,

thanks for prompt response.

here, i need to use sap reserve function keys F1, F3, F4 which acts like F1 help, BACK SCREEN, F4 help respectively.

whereas F1, F3, F4 buttons are not available in menu painter.

but, users RFID device will have only 4 function keys F1...F4.

how can i use reserve function keys to z push buttons?

0 Kudos

HI. Go to program RLMENU and copy the gui status from that program to your custom program and use that gui status. This allows for the F1, F2, F3, F4.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Heilman,

thanks for your input.

now i set pf status as 'LMOB_GROUP8'.

do i need to change fct codes of each push button in my screen as mentioned in the screen SAPLLMOB 0202?

thanks again.

0 Kudos

Yes, I would make your function codes associated with your buttons on the screen the same as in the gui status which you just copied. You can use that screen as a reference probably, I don't have an ECC system in front of me right now. I'm pulling from memory a couple years back, I just know that I always just copied that gui status instead of trying to create it from scratch.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Heilman,

Thanks for the reply.

after changing push buttons FCT codes to std screen fct codes,

do i need to write code for AT EXIT COMMAND? if yes, please give any sample code.

this help will be highly appreciated.

thanks alot.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if this helps you.

TABLES:        SSCRFIELDS.
TYPE-POOLS: ICON.

SELECTION-SCREEN: FUNCTION KEY 1,
                                   FUNCTION KEY 2.

INITIALIZATION.

FUNCTXT-ICON_ID = ICON_SUPPLY_AREA.
FUNCTXT-QUICKINFO = 'Production'.
FUNCTXT-ICON_TEXT = 'Production'.
SSCRFIELDS-FUNCTXT_01 = FUNCTXT.

FUNCTXT-ICON_ID = ICON_CUSTOMER.
FUNCTXT-QUICKINFO = 'Customer'.
FUNCTXT-ICON_TEXT = 'Customer'.
SSCRFIELDS-FUNCTXT_02 = FUNCTXT.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN.

CASE SY-UCOMM.
    WHEN 'FC01'.
      " Write your logic for the first push button
     WHEN 'FC02'.
       " Write your logic for the second push button
ENDCASE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Solution to use SAP reserve function keys F1 .. F4 (mostly this requirement comes up for RF screens) can be acheived by assigning your new Function code using the Menu path Utilities --> F key Consistency in the Menu Painter (SE41) . Once you assign your cutom function code to the standard Fn keys the only remaining step is to make sure that you set a curson on any of the field on sceen by using the Key Word "SET CURSOR" .

If you dont use the key word SET CURSOR in the PBO of the screen then you might not see any response for F4.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hey Suresh,

What you wrote works for me with the transaction SE41.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have assigned Fkeys using "Utilities --> F key Consistency" and written Set Cursor command also, but it seems F1 and F4 is not triggering for custom fcode.

Could you please suggest what else I am missing.

Thanks,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easy way to do it is just copying from program RLMENU the status gui LMOB_GROUP8, who already has F1 as a user command.