cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Configuration For External Facing Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have SAP ECC 6.0 ; and External Facing Portal. We trying to create transaction Iviews(WebGUi) using ITS server. Our portal is external facing portal, I think to forward the request from browser to ITS server(ECC 6.0) I need to configure something in Webserver(IIS), which we are using for external facing purpose. But I am not sure what configurations I have to do. Can someone help me on these configurations.

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

If the ITS is not available from an "external" browser then you will need something like a reverse proxy to "forward" or rewrite the internal URL.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

We already configured IIS Webserver for external facing portal. Can you guide me on what configurations I need to do on IIS to forward the request. Can you send me some documents or link on what configuration we need in IIS for ITS iviews.

Thanks

Praveen

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

You need to decide how you want to access the ITS from an external source. The options:

1. make the ITS available from the external, I would guess that is similar to how you made the Portal URL available on th external network.

2. leave the ITS URL on the internal network and use a reverse proxy to make it accessible from an external source.

What did you want to do???

Edgar