Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users logged on time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently reviewing the SAP Licence Classifications. To determine whether users are categorised as "Limited Professional Users" or "Professional Users", their system usage is needed, ie active logged on time per month.

How can we provide this information (system usage) for all ICON users for the month of June 2009. In ST03N we get only the response time.

But is there any way where in which we get actual logged on time.

Thanks,

Nike S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nike,

tcode stad may help.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nike,

tcode stad may help.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nike,

I'm afrain if u could get the log for a month old activities. Logging requires definite amount of disk space. So you can get the logs for certain users alone and if you need u can get the logs for three days from the tcode STAD.

Using tcode SM19 u can set activate the logs for the users but it is also limited. Before that u need to set the number of filters in the profile parameter in instance profile.

You cn view the security audit log using the tcode SM20.

Regards,

Varadhu...

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

STAD will give limited time of data so wont provide the necessary help. ST03N in Expert mode will provide the time, duration and the users accessed the txns. But the best option as mentioned is activating log via sm19 (updating parameter via rz10 rsau*) and taking logs via sm20 and system via sm21. Please check and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did you get from the search result in the security forum? It has been answered several times. May be your own subject line can be used as search string. also try with SM20... etc.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not seen this question tailored specifically to the License Audit Workbench.

Actually, I suspect that this might be for internal cost distribution. There are many models for this, and the time spent while logged on with a dialog session is a possible one.

In my opinion there are better and easier models.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

Many thanks for your reply.

But how do we get the actula time that the user logged ontime for a system. Please let me know the procedure to do the same.

Thaks,

Nike S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try using sm04 this will give the actual logged on time the user logged in.

shitika

Edited by: Shitika21 on Jul 15, 2009 9:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can check from the report RSusr200 and current users in R3 and their lastlogon .you can also check from the table se16- usr02

thx

Edited by: Mysterious on Jul 14, 2009 10:31 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel SM20 will be the best place to take this report. As I have used this to verify for license management reports.

Many Thanks

P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

is your query answered.

shtiika

Edited by: Shitika21 on Aug 20, 2009 10:40 AM

0 Kudos

> Total Questions: 10 (10 unresolved)

We could have seen it coming...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using the diferent tabs in transaction USMM , i am sure you will find your way through

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks