cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skipping disabled step in GAF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am disabling a main step in a GAF FPM at runtime by calling method IF_FPM_GAF->enable_mainstep in the OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF method of interface IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT.

However, the step is still being called when it is reached.

Moreover, the step is automatically re-enabled this.

Does anybody know if this is normal behaviour?

And if so, is there an efficient way of programming this in?

I suppose I could trigger a 2nd next_step event in the before_flush of the application controller to skip it, but will need to suppress any event processing validations for the relevant uibbs.

Many thanks for any advice,

Pieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you will always not need this step, then you can just create a new varaint for this application and leave that UIBB out. But in case you want to skip it, then you will need to raise the next_step. Since you will not raise any events in this UIBB what would be the need to do the validation?

- Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

I do sometimes need the step - that's why I'm disabling it dynamically.The validation is there for the cases when I do need it.

Somehow I would have expected the FPM to have the intelligence to know by itself to skip a step that is disabled.

That's why I was wondering if maybe I was doing something wrong...

I've managed to do it now by raising the next_step event in the before_flush as I already suggested myself, but this is more work as I would have liked it to be - I even need to re-disable it as the next_step apparently reenables it.

Regards,

Pieter

zackpatel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pieter, I am trying to do something similar. Can you provide the code and details of how you instantiated the IF_FPM_GAF interface?

Thanks,

Zack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zack,

If you implement interface IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT in your component, you receive the instance as parameter of the method OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF.

In your GAF configuration you need to set your component in the Global settings or it won't be called. (Change button just above the Hierarchy view on the left side > Global Settings and set it in the first field in the popup)

Hope this helps,

Pieter