cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO with reference to PR not released

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a Purchase Requisition using Item Category F. This Purchase Requisition has not been released. Then I created a Purchase Order with reference to the purchase requisition and the system did not display the error message u201DPurchase requisition not release for orderingu201D , allowing me to create the purchase order with an unreleased PR.

This situation only happens when using Item Category F and I need to make sure that all PO are created with reference to a released PR.

Any suggestions in correcting this?

Thanks in advance,

Susanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all make sure that the release strategy tan is populated on the reqs

becasue std SAP does not allow to create the PO for any kind of reqs which are under release strategy without releasing PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The strategy tab is populated on the Purchase requisition. This situation only happens when I use a Purchase Requisition with Item category F (service).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

493900 - FAQ: Release Strategy:

It is not possible to create a purchase order if the referenced purchase requisition is not released. But the system allows you to put the purchase order on hold and then release the purchase requisition.

On the other hand you can create a purchase order with reference to an unreleased request of quotation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I understand that this must be a system error, because the purchase order was created, the service was accepted and the vendor was paid and the purchase requisition used in the purchase order has not been released.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the change history of the PR. Maybe it was released, and became subject to a new release because of a change made after the order creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The purchase requisition does not have any changes, I also created a purchase requisition in QAS and the result is the same: if the purchase requisiton has Item Category F, I can make a purshase order with an unreleased PR. It only happens with PR with Item Category F.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

issan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue. Any solution that can fix this limitation will be much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Susanna,

I am facing same problem for all types PR. Will you help me where this check we should put for not to create PO without releasing PR.

I am awaiting your response for the same.

Regards, Vicky M. Khambhati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Sorry, I haven't been able to solve it yet.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

report it as error to SAP for a solution, then share the solution here.