cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT performance reporting : No Application data found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am using SAP Solution Manager EHP1 (SP19) with BI CONT 7.04 (SP3) and would like to set up IT Performance Reporting for the satelite systems.

I already successfully set up process chains via tcode RSPC and collected BI data from DSWP --> Solution Monitoring.

My problem is:

when I am calling IT Performance Reporting via tcode SOLMAN_WORKCENTER --> System Monitoring --> Proactive Monitoring --> Choose a system I get the following errors:

No application data found.

Furthermore in the list of systems I cannot find all the satelite systems.

I already set up IT Performance Reporting for several systems by executing following steps:

1) Defining each system with the apprpriate RFC destination (SM_<SID>CLNTxxx_TRUSTED)

I do not selected "Get data from CEN?".

2) Several times executed "Activate Content". This triggers CCMS_BI_SETUP job.

I also implemented SAP note 1279609.

Question:

Can some one help me to solve my problem?

Any helpful information will be very appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

did you already connect your satellite systems to SolMan (either Diagnostics or CCMS or System Monitoring..).

How does your landscape in workcenter System Monitoring look like?

Hold the line!!

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Dirk!

Many thanks for your answer!

The satelite systems are connected within tcode SMSY with the appropriate RFC destinations (SM_<SID><CLNT>_READ and SM_<SID><CLNT>_TRUSTED).

Furthermore nearly the half of the systems are additionaly connected to SOLMAN via CCMSPING and SAPCCM4x agent.

The view within SOLMAN_WORKCENTER is:

- some systems get a green sign

- some of systems get a gray sign

When I choose one of the systems with green sign and choose "IT Performance Reporting" I get the error that "no data are available"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

as far as I know since EHP1 there is a different setup routine for the IT performance reporting. It comes out of the workcenter

"system monitoring" (Link: Configure IT Performance Reporting) and this setup should be repeated even if IT performacne reporting was already established. So you should do that ( I will do so too, because I have the same trouble as you have....).

If this setup is finished, the new extractor framework is taking care of data load and so on.

And then, everything should work fine.

The relevant docu is here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d09f6791-f4b2-2b10-54af-f76a9a87...

Hope this helps us to solve our problems....

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

I encounter the same problem. I went through the IT performance reporting setup several times, but the IT performance reports show no data. Nor In BW is data either. All respective DSOs and Cubes are empty.

You said that the new extractor framework is taking care of data load. What triggers the initial data load? Finishing the IT performance reporting setup?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

actually I have not yet finished setting up IT performance reporting. Nevertheless, here is what I found out:

In our system, the setup routine does not come to an end but causes an ABAP shortdump which is currently analyzed by SAP support (hope that this is the reason why we are not finished with this stuff...). The wizard starts the job CCMS_BI_SETUP, which aborts (and causes the mentioned dump). So perhaps you have this error in your system too.

In our test solman, some reports (CPU and memory consumption, workload) already deliver values, but others do not.

In fact, I havent found out yet how the daily delivery into BI is handled but I guess it should be done in the EFWK framework (RCA workcenter). But I am facing the problem how to manage/monitor this framework...

I will update this thread as soon as I got reply from SAP.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

thanks for your quick reply.

In my case the setup routine finishes successfully, including the job CCMS_BI_SETUP.

When I open the EFWK framework console, all extractors for the relevant systems show status aktivated. So the extractors should be fine and push data into the designated DSOs in BW !?!?!?!

But as I said before, nothing happens!

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

IT Performance reporting is not so complicated in EhP1. You can just use system monitoring work center, then selct setup -> click on configure IT Performance Reporting.

You will got a new Web URL window to configure IT performance reporting. Follow the step by step instruction in IMG, you'll get the data afterwards.

Actually, all of your setup will trigger CCMS BI SETUP at background jobs.

Let me know if you have further question.

Thanks, Jett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jett,

my BI-Client (200) - as suggested by SAP - is not the productive Solution Manager Client (100). But I cannot choose different RFC-Destinations than "NONE" in the first step of the IT Performance reporting setup in work center system monitoring! Both RFC-Destinations are greyed out.

What can I do? Any Suggestions??

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

I'm not quite sure where this information comes from... as far as I know, SAP suggest solution manager BW client as the same client of productive client. Move your BW client to 100 can reduce a lot of effort, since there would be a great amount of report functionalities using BW client. But be aware of that, migration is still quite risky if you don't have enough knowledge on BW.

Anyway, I've successfully configured IT performance reporting on seperate BW client on solution manager.

For this grey RFC destination, could you check the RFC connection in SMSY? I think it might possible that, client 100 don't have RFC to BW client 200. Besides, could you check your authorization on both client 100 and client 200?

Let me know about your result.

Thanks, Jett

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just upgraded to EHP1 (SP20) SP 4. After going through the whole setup process, I also get the 'No data Available' message. My BI Client is the same as Solution Manager and all the setup steps did complete successfully.

It would be nice to know which jobs are scheduled and what to check for. Maybe because I just setup the reporting and that is why there is no data available. I remember when I set up Diagnostics, I was initially getting the same message, but I knew which jobs were being run to collect the data. After 3 -4 executions of the job, I started seeing data.

Maybe IT Performance Reporting works the same..not sure. I don't even know if these jobs are run daily/hourly, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved for us. It turns out the job EFWK Resource Manager was in a scheduled state. This job needs to run every minute and kicks off the necessary extractors for IT Performance Reporting and also for Diagnostics based on the available resources. Once this job started running and completing, I started to see data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I've some question about IT Performance reporting.

is it that I MUST setup all the connection below in order to see data?

1. central CCMS

2. EWA

3. CCMSPING

4. SMD

Can I just setup the CCMS only on my test solution manager to extract the data to this reporting?

please advice.

thank you

kelly