Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Restrictions by Cost centers

sunilv_dev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a cost center reporting role which has an object K_CSKS where we maintain cost center values. Now we have a many CCs maintained for this object. SO manager of CC 100 can also see reports for CC 200 which we want to restrict. How can we restrict CC access for a user. I want to avoid creation of 100s of roles by each CC.

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to avoid creation of 100s of roles by each CC.

Who says you have to create one for each CC? Maybe you can find out what the "popular" combinations are and build roles for those....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tridev,

There might also be some combinations which will be reducing no. of roles.

It is the same example like a purchase section has 100 buyer those will be buying materials for 100 plants. So simply 100 roles will be created plant wise.

You can implement the concept of Parent and Child for this Cost Centres Business requirements.

Cheers

Lokendra

0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost centers are not organizational values and can't be used with Parent and dervied concept.

Regards,

Gowrinadh Challagundla

Former Member
0 Kudos

This being reporting, you would be able to achieve more granular authority in a BW system using analysis authorizations than in a transactional (ERP) system using authority-checks.

Same goes for displaying transaction data tables.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can try restrict the authorization by cost center group.

the cost center group is in the RESPAREA (CO-OM Responsibility Area) field at the org level authorizations.

good luck.

Haim Brauner

0 Kudos

the cost center group is in the RESPAREA (CO-OM Responsibility Area) field at the org level authorizations.

Can you elaborate this?

0 Kudos

Hello Vishwas,

I suggest you to do the following :

each cost center belong to a cost center group. you can see the connections with transaction KS13.

Anyway , to make the creation of this roles easier, you need that the fields KOSTKL (cost center) and the field RESPAREA (CO-OM Responsibility Area) will be in the ORGLEVEL area.

when this fields are there , you create a master role with all the transaction that are needed to manager of CC.

you create the first derive role with a specific cc or a cost center group which contain his cost centers .

the second derive role is a copy of the first one and all you need to do is to update the new cc and the cost center group at the orglevel area.

Regards,

Haim Brauner