Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable work item to Requester at process End Check box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am in SRM 7.0

I have noticed that when approver fully reject the cart then requester is not receive a accept / change workitem until requester enable the check box "work item to Requester at process End" in the approval process overview screen at the time ORDER the cart, but this scenario works fine without "work item to Requester at process End" Check box enable if the approver reject partly. is there a way to work item to Requester at process End Check box enable this check box always(by default)?

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member610588
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi masa ,

i have made a expression as you have given here . still the contact (SC creator ) does not get SC .

Can you give me more details about what i need to do . for this to work

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to set this up so we have a new step in the workflow which uses an event to call an expression which is checking if the status is rejected, but I can't see what responsibility resolver (RR_RESOLVER) name to use for this new step to pick up the creator of the document.

Is there a standard one or do you need to create your own one?

Thanks a lot,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved this myself - does anyone know if the same settings can be successfullly applied to the PO? I tested and it seems not to

Thanks,

Nick

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented the solution in other way.

Only rejected case, requestor makes a decision. Approved case, requestor does not need any decision.

I created BRF expression for checking approval status and added decision process level at the end.

Please check the note 1296209.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1296209

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for this great input.

These expressions are available in my system.My doubt is i have four levels of approver path. Each of them has its own

process level configured. for an example 100,200,300,400 and fifth one is 999 with ( Automatic System User ). Rejection part will be carried out by any one of four approver path, i am not clear about how to added decision process level at the end?

any input on this?

John.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is "Acceptance by Contact person" In the Process Schema Definition.

You can set the evaluation ID like Z_FULL_REJECT which checks approval status and the task 40007994.

If you prefer requester always receives it, you can set 0EV000 and 40007994.

Regards.

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for this input. In the process level configuration, I added an entry as Evaluation Id as 0EV000 and Task Id as 40007994 in the Acceptance by Contact person. the only think which i am not understand is 'You can set the evaluation ID like Z_FULL_REJECT which checks approval status and the task 40007994'. Any explain on this one? but after requester receive a workitem once rejected by Approver can't requester change the cart?

John.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set 0EV000, requester gets always the workitem even for approved document.

My implementation was requester gets workitem only full reject case. Expression is linked from custom event Z_FULL_REJECT.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes - you are correct. I have four different approver process levels, when each level of approver approved/rejected the requester is receiving the workitem back for accept when he accept then it is going to next level approver,But my requirement is when approver reject the cart fully then only requester needs to receive the workitem for accept. I think i have to create custom event 'Z_FULL_REJECT' then create new formula expression to check the decision type . if REJECTED then use task id 40007994. Please correct me if i am wrong.

John.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

My custom expression is Bool type SAP Foumula, 0V_WF_CURRENT_DECISI = 'REJECTED'.

You can check BRF result in SLG1 log with filter object /SAPSRM/.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes - I have created same . it is working as per my requirement. Thank you very much. Any idea why i am getting this waring message always at the time of creating the shopping cart.

16.07.2009 Dynamic List Display 1

Type Message text

5D Event XXXXXX get description error

5B 10 Execute event XXXXXX Event Schema Evalution for Shopping Cart. 16.07.2009 05:15:00

5D Expression XXXXXX get description error

5B 41 Execute expression XXXXXX Shopping Cart Schema Evalution; result XXXXXX

John.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no description for the event or expression, warning log is created.

Please go to BRF transaction and check the description. Most of SAP standard events and expressions do not have description.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Misa

when I am trying to config 'Acceptance by contact person' under process level schema configuration, I am not able to save my entry after I entered a evaluation ID and task ID. because 'Save' button is grey-off!

I am in SRM 7, do you know why ? how can I change the entry i confiured?

thanks

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1282950 - flag "workitem to requester" disappears

while changing doc.

During creation of a document the workflow engine evaluates the document

repeatedly and determines the process scheme from the document. From the

process scheme various workflow parameters are determined.

If the document changes a lot then the process scheme might be

re-determined several times. Then in some rare cases the workflow

parameters might not always be synchronized with the current process

scheme.

A possible symptom is:

- In the approval process view you check the check box "Work item

to requester at process end". The flag gets lost when the

document goes into approval.

br

muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Jul 10, 2009 6:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Thank you very much for this quick response.

As per my business requirement we are not giving edit option to approver. Now can we make this flag "workitem to requester" to enable by default 'X'? when requestor place an order the shopping cart.

John.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

At process end, the system can send a work item for acceptance to the contact person for the document.

You can configure the system accordingly in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management under SRM Server Cross-Application Basic Settings Business Workflow Process-Controlled Workflow Business Process Configuration Define Process Levels .

The requester can also select Work Item to Requester at Process End while creating a shopping cart.

In most cases, the contact person for a document is the document creator. This is the case for requesters of shopping carts and purchase orders. However, some documents, such as invoices entered in the Supplier Self-Services application, are sent to the SAP SRM system in XML format and are created there by a technical user. For these documents, the system determines a user to assume responsibility for the document and to serve as contact person. This user can be, for example, the creator of the preceding purchase order. The system also determines an internal contact person if a supplier, that is, an external business partner, enters a document directly in the SAP SRM application. The contact person is responsible for verifying the document data.

i believe doc change badi helps.but must find what is the exact field .

can you check ?

br

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

At process end, the system can send a work item for acceptance to the contact person for the document.

You can configure the system accordingly in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management under SRM Server Cross-Application Basic Settings Business Workflow Process-Controlled Workflow Business Process Configuration Define Process Levels .

The requester can also select Work Item to Requester at Process End while creating a shopping cart.

In most cases, the contact person for a document is the document creator. This is the case for requesters of shopping carts and purchase orders. However, some documents, such as invoices entered in the Supplier Self-Services application, are sent to the SAP SRM system in XML format and are created there by a technical user. For these documents, the system determines a user to assume responsibility for the document and to serve as contact person. This user can be, for example, the creator of the preceding purchase order. The system also determines an internal contact person if a supplier, that is, an external business partner, enters a document directly in the SAP SRM application. The contact person is responsible for verifying the document data.

i believe doc change badi may helps.but must find what is the exact field .

i believe you may have personalised facility in srm 7.0 via portal. double check.

can you check ?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Muthu,

Thank you once again for your input.

1 . You can configure the system accordingly in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management under SRM Server Cross-Application Basic Settings Business Workflow Process-Controlled Workflow Business Process Configuration Define Process Levels .

I could n't find any input(option) to activate Requester at process End Check box in the above configuration step. Can you please give more detail?

2 . The requester can also select Work Item to Requester at Process End while creating a shopping cart.

Each time requester needs to select in order to receive workitem back when approver fully reject the SC, My requirement is active(Enable) Requester at process End Check box at the time of Order the SC without requester manully enable this check box.

3 . I believe doc change badi may helps.but must find what is the exact field .

I couldn't find any field in the change BADI?

4 . I believe you may have personalised facility in srm 7.0 via portal. double check.

Can you please give some more input on this? can we enable Requester at process End Check box for all user by this configuration?

John.