Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME53N runnning for long time

Former Member

Hi,

a User when executes the transaction ME53N , it is running for a long time'

In SM51 i see that it is doing a sequential read of EKPO

But for all other users when execute ME53N, the transaction is opening in less than 5 seconds

Please let me know if there is any reason for the same

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, How you solved the issue ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did not get a solution

former_member630528
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We're having the same problem here. This happens the very first time that a user goes to ME53N. The screen can take up to 10 minutes to load.
Once a user has entered a Purch Req number, the problem goes away. The next time he goes to ME53N the screen comes up normally.
It looks as though the system is creating a list of available Purch reqs for that particular user for initial display. Once the user has accessed a Purch Req the system doesn't have to create a list since the last one that the user has accessed will come up automatically.

That doesn't solve the problem though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check ST03N to find out what is causing the long time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask the user to execute the t-code in some other m/c. If problem persists, then it could be authorization issue. Use traces to find the Authorization details.

If the user is slow only in his m/c, check with the Network & his systems properties/config.

Regards

Puneeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

This could be a security profile issue. Check by creating a test user with same profile as the user (who is having issue) and run tcode ME53N. If response time is slow for test user too check with security if not check STAD report when user run tcode ME53N.

Also check with user if he created any personal settings for tcode ME53N for serach criteria.

Let us know if this does not provide you clue.

Thanks,

Praveen