cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver not found by Java App Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I have installed SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR5 Evalution SDN Version on a windows xp machine.

Included is the J2EE Application Server and the MaxDB.

I have done a standard installation (no adjustments)

When I try to start the Application Server with the management console it does not work.

The DB is running and I can log on via management console. I can connect to the database with the config tool.

In the log file there is an exception when I start the App-Server:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database connection initialization failed. Check if the database is running and the database properties.

Caused by: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB with class loader com.sap.engine.offline.FileClassLoader@153c375.

The jdbc-driver is placed under D:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar (default location)

I tried to set the jdbc driver in the CLASSPATH Variable but no success.

Do you have any idea why the jdbc driver cannot be found by the application server?

Thanks in advance,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintaned correct user id and password in secure storage ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, User ID and password are correct in the secure store. I used the same user that i can connect with via management console to the data base.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solultion: The jdbc library missed certain permissions. I added the group "LOKALER DIENST" under permissions and now it works!