cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delay processing of Inbound messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario MDM>XI>R/3(inbound).I am getting one big Material_Master xml message from MDM,which is getting pushed to R/3 as Matmas03 and Clfmas01 idocs(one message mappings are done for each matmas and clfmas) by XI.XI is picking it up from MDM port.The scenerio works fine and idoc getting created with failed status(51) in R/3 giving the message u201CIDoc included in IDoc packet containing an error: transfer it separatelyu201D. I guess the error is probably due to Clfmas is trying to create itself before all matmas idoc has been completely created.

So i would be an good option to insert an delay between the processing of Matmas and Clfmas in XI.

The idoc getting created are a part of one single message(from MDM) so EOIO option can't be used for serialization of messages.

I am not looking to use BPM here,any other scenarios possible.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The Idoc status 51 signifies " IDOC is NOT posted successfully".

This might be Because You have not mapped the Data completely to the idoc (In Idoc some segment Mapping is missing).

The Other reason could be the RFC destination.

Try going into the idoc and see the more detailed error information you'll find there.

Kindly refer this Blog for MDM to XI Integration.

/people/ravi.kumar106/blog/2009/01/16/sap-mdm-integration-with-r3-system

Regards,

Sainath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Just write a simple UDF and add the following code to it Thread.sleep(xxxxx)

where xxxx is the number of seconds you want to delay.use this UDF to map the root node of CLFMAS message mapping.

I m not sure if this will solve your problem but it should at least add delay in posting CLFMAS to R/3

Thanks

Aamir

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think that it is an issue due to the processing of CLFMAS before MATMAS.

Do you get one package each for MATMAS and CLFMAS? or both IDOCs mixed in a single packet?

If it is asingle big paket, then you may try posting two packets, one packet for MATMAS and the other for CLFMAS.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I see an time difference of 1-2 sec between matmas and clfmas in R/3.I think they are send in different packets as we have two different Message mappings for matmas and clfmas,although i am not sure of it,can u pls tell how can i check and fix it?

Thanks,

Sudhansu

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use two different maps, then they must be two different packets only.

But, the error you posted, is on which IDOC MATMAS or CLFMAS?

i.e. when you see the idocs status in WE05, under which idocs do you see the error?

When you docuble click on the error in the IDOC status record, you will get a pop up.

Some times, the error will give additional information as to how to resolve it.

Check that.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is on Matmas only..

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

In message mapping for CLFMAS you can add a delay via using UDF.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for the quick reply...Can you please elaborate or pass me any threads on this how this can be acheived?

Also,i learnt we use system queues which can resolve the issue..if anyone have some information on this please let me know?

Thanks in advance,

Sudhansu