cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost center line items by profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an issue, where user has processed a document in FI with profit center "X" however the cost center of the document has profit center "Y" in the master data.

In FI, accounting document showed against the profit center "X" with which user has processed.

In CO document profit center was coming with "Y whcih is in cost center master data.

There is a variance between FI and CO for profit centers.

However profit center account is not completly configured, it is configured minimally. So GLPCA, GLPCT do not fetch data for the given profit centers, I do not have profit center appearing in CO line item reports. We are using ECC 6.0 version.

Please help me to reconcile the difference.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

irhasni_yunus2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your case for SAP is not normal process. Normally, if user assign separate profit center which is different to profit center in the Cost Object, lets say the cost center, during the posting the system will issue message that the profit center is changed the profit center assigned in the Cost object. System would not accept two different profit center on one posting process.

For example:

Posting material using assigment cost center X that contain profit center 1000, then also assign own profit center 1402.

During posting, the system will issue message " the profit center is changed to 1000". This is what happen when there is discrepancy in profit center during posting.

So, by having one profit center in a document, the data that flow from FI will follow the assignment in the Cost Object.

For this problem, I think you need to raise this issue to OSS.

Regards,

Irhasni

former_member1240588
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

In cost center onl;y cost get accumulated where as in profit center even balance shett items also get updated.

so that might be the reason

jain