cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.SAR Creation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was wondering if it's possible to generate a .SAR from a bunch of transport request (DATA and COFILES).

If yes, will this .SAR be usable in transaction SAINT to be imported ?

if no, if I put some DATA/COFILES in directory \EPSIN, will I be able to use transaction SAINT ?

Thx in advance for your input

N.H.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was wondering if it's possible to generate a .SAR from a bunch of transport request (DATA and COFILES).

Yes its possible to create .sar files.

to create a .SAR use command, SAPCAR -cvf <your-SAR-file> <file-to-compress>

If yes, will this .SAR be usable in transaction SAINT to be imported ?

Nope.. it won't be... actually you have to decompress .sar files to import upgrades using SAINT

if no, if I put some DATA/COFILES in directory \EPSIN, will I be able to use transaction SAINT ?

Nope... transaction SAINT do not read regular transports... read .PAT and .ATT files.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

thx for your answer!

Actually, is there any way to use SAINT transaction with some client files ? I mean, is it possible to generate .PAT and .ATT files from Transport Request ?

So far as I know, SAINT transaction allow us to analyse before import the possible conflicts between objects. Whereas STMS transaction doesn't provide such tools. Am I right ?

Since the 2 environnements are not on the same migration line, do I have any hope to use some standard analyse tools to import my objects ?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not as far as I know, SAINT is only for Add-on installation and upgrades.

I presume you will have to check your transports manually before importing the requests.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, too bad. But thanks a lot for your answers.

Answers (0)