Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R3 standard transaction Updation should get notified in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My requirement is to get the notification from SAP r3 to XI,

If any standard transaction is updating like SAVE ,UPDATE etc..XI should get the information

regarding this.

Pls let me know how to get it.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>XI should get the information regarding this.

What do you mean by "XI should get this information"?

Do you want to trigger a message from R/3 whcih is delivered to XI or you want to trigger a e-mail which should be delivered to some person?

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

My requirement is if a transaction is updated I need that details in a message and send back to External system

using XI.

Eg: IW01 transaction is updated , I need those details ,like Object ID and what updation happened on it.

Explian me how to get it till XI.

Regards,

Ramesh.

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The best option is to go with ABAP proxies. When you exeucte the transaction, call the ABAP proxy with the details of data needs to get transformed to PI. In PI, just use the proxy for sending the data to other systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are various ways - Few ways are

IDOC Change pointers... (Search for this term in SDN & you will find tons of info...)

BAM - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/11/06/xi-bam--episode-i--introduction

Creation of Events via BTE (Business Transaction Events...).. similar to UserExits..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3b/7f3e8be57c11d1951f0000e82dec10/frameset.htm

-SM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Method 1

If you want this information to come to XI irrespective of how the UPdate happened, you can configure a Output type for sending an IDOC upon create/change of an application document in a transaction.

This way, you can get an idoc triggered everytie an update happens.

Method 2.

1) Find an user exit that gets triggered when an update happens to the application document in a transaction.

2) Trigger a client proxy from the user exit using ABAP code.

If the Creation or Update itself is happening via Inboudn IDOCs and you want an acknowlegdement whether the idoc was succesfully posted or not, then you can try IDOC acknowledgements concept.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b...

Regards,

Ravi