cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library classes not found at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an .ear file. This deployment required some libraries (.jar files). Hence suitable entries were made in "references.txt" and "library.txt". Deployment was successful. However the application is failing to start indicating an exception that it is not finding the .jar files. How can this be fixed ? All the libraries are in the "additional-lib" directory.

My environment : Windows 2003, EP6.0 sp2 HF4. MS SQL Server, WAS 6.20.

Please reply ASAP.

Regards

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

if any libraries are missing, u get the error messages during compilation itself. how come that u get a .jar file missing message after a succesful deployment. would really liek to know

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file was compiled elsewhere. Deployment is being done on the SAP J2EE engine. Deployment was successfull probably because of the changes in "reference.txt" and "library.txt". Why the .ear file is not finding the libraries is my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes it is better to include the jar files in the EAR files....This way the ear file that you have created will be independent of the platform in which you are going to deploy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried that too. Failed to deploy.

Thanks

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you post what are the warnings or error messages that you are getting

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, we got past that error. But one issue remains.

The files, msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar, and Jdbc20.jar (MS SQL Server driver files) were also included here. We created a connection pool to a MS SQL Server DB. The portal started fine. (also states dbpool started) But my application failed to start and it gives me an error "Pool is closed". How can this be resolved ?

Regards

Bhanu