cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH significance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybobody explain in detail what is the basic significance of the report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the report BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME

Useful table BBP_LOCMAP : Plant data

Hope this solves.

Thanks

Arshad

Edited by: arshad ahmed on Jul 13, 2009 12:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arshad.

Could you please confirm the solution?

As per my understanding till now ; plant or storage location name if gets changed in ECC , it can be updated by selecting the attribute WRK & LAG respectively in report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH.

after executing this report , the changed name of the plant will be refllected in extended attributes in PPOMA and table ADRC.

BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME(only for plants) can also be used to update the name if at all changed in ECC.

for ex - plant 100 :

old name - ABC cosmetic

new mane - XYZ Cosmetic

Old Address - 99, EE, Delhi

New Address - 76, EE, Delhi

After running the report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH with attribute WRK , the name will be XYZ cosmetic in ADRC table but the address will remain 99, EE, Delhi.

The same will itself reflect in extended attributes in PPOMA as well.

In case of address changed , we have to do it manually by txn- Manage Business Partners-->Locations

Edited by: prashant chauhan on Jul 13, 2009 1:12 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashat

test them if you have sandbox BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME since you have test mode too in this report or study the program

change plant address in ecc ...

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks 4 ur advise.

I have tried this BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME in our test system but the prob is that report runs for all of the plants exist in R/3.

Can't we run it for only 1 plant so as not to impact other?

Secondly , there is no WRK attribute in report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH to cahnge the name of the plant in SRM4.0.

Any inputs towards this.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Plants from ECC do not exist in table BBP_ATT_VALUE_T (this is the table that BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH maintains).

Plants exist as business partners in SRM, storage locations and company codes do not (company code org units do, but that is different), so this program will not update plants ever, as they are more fundamental to SRM and are stored completely differently.

SRM stores the storage location and company code names in table BBP_ATT_VALUE_T as a buffer the first time they get used so it does not have to RFC every time a user selects it. Program BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH updates these texts only, it will never update plants.

I thought that the standard programs (BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_ALL etc) from SRM 5 would bring over plant changes, but I could be wrong and I am now working on SRM 4 so I can't test it.

At a previous client I wrote a program to check the plants in ECC and update the business partners in SRM. Function MSR1_MD_PLANT_GETLIST will get the plant details and BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE will update the business partner in SRM. Table BBP_LOCMAP links the plant ID to the business partner number.

It is also worth checking out the program that other users mention in earlier responses.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks a ton for the info.

I have tested the report BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME IN SRM 4.0 to update the changes in the Plants names between SRM & ECC and it is working fine.

But here the problem is that this report changes the names for ALL of the plants where there is a difference in the names between SRM & ECC. So, if we need to change the name of selected plants , do we have any option?

As per your response, do u mean with the help of the report BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_ALL , the changes in the names of the ALREADY replicated plants will also get updated in SRM(4.0)?

Regards,

PC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. No, I thought on SRM 5 that BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_ALL would do it, but definitly not on 4.

If you only want to update certain plants you will have to write something custom I think.

Why do you only want to update certain plants and not all?

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks David!

I need to update the names of only those plants which are in my scope.I do not want to touch other than that.In SRM 4.0 , I told you that I have tested the report BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME to update the changes in the Plants names between SRM & ECC and it is working fine. It actually updated for all of the palnts wherein there was a difference between ECC & SRM.

Have you ever tried this report BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_ALL in SRM 5.0 to do the same job?

Regards,

PC.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1122776 - Report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH: company

code refresh

this report can update recent plant/ slocation/ company code text changes to synchronise between srm and ECC.

SAP Note 1156021 - SRM 6.0: Report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH -

company code refresh

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mutthu,

Thanks for the info.Note is alrady applied in our system.

My query is - For ex - If the plant address or name is changed in the backend , then which attributes must be selected to run this report so that changes are reflected in SRM system.

Secondly, after executing this report , will the required changes reflect in the ADRC table in SRM and Extended attributes in PPOMA?

Regards,

Prashant.

Edited by: prashant chauhan on Jul 13, 2009 7:15 AM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

yes. but you can feel the difference in basic data shopping cart screen .

you can see this table also for text description of attributes wise.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mutthu.

As one of the earlier blogs, sanjeev pandey has told that the plant address can only be changed manually in SRM , this report can be used to change the name or description:

"Hi,

To change the Plant address, you will have to do it manually using txn- Manage Business Partners-->Locations. To change the Plant names, you can use the reports stated earlier in the thread.

Regards,

Sanjeev"

Could you please confirm the solution?

As per my understanding till now ; plant or storage location name if gets changed in ECC , it can be updated by selecting the attribute WRK & LAG respectively in report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH.

after executing this report , the changed name of the plant will be refllected in extended attributes in PPOMA and table ADRC.

BBP_LOCATION_SET_T001W_NAME(only for plants) can also be used to update the name if at all changed in ECC.

In case of address changed , we have to do it manually by txn- Manage Business Partners-->Locations

Regards,

Prashant

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

plant 100 - Bombay division - old plant name

plant 1000 - Mumbai division - new plant name

this deals with BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH report but now you are talking about address of location (plant). Sanjeev mention addresses of plant .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to bother u

what my doubt is

for ex - plant 100 :

old name - ABC cosmetic

new mane - XYZ Cosmetic

After running the report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH with attribute WRK , the name will be XYZ cosmetic in ADRC table but the address will remain 99, EE, Delhi.

To change the address to NEW one we have to do it manually by tx - BBPMAININT.

Is this correct?

Regards,

Prashant

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prasant

I never tried address changes of plant .

since in srm it creates address no. I am not sure ..

Sanjeev might be correct. i dont have a system to check now. i will update you status ..

but we never deal with plant addres in srm . we need only plant no and description .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu/

I'll wait for ur input towards the cahnge of palnt address.

Can we conclude and confirm the below for atleast the change in name of plant & storage location?

for ex - plant 100 :

old name - ABC cosmetic

new mane - XYZ Cosmetic