cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Adapter Engine with Proxies Communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I have built a scenario with an application system and a web service using PI (SAP Basis 7.11) and the advanced adapter engine. I would like to have a communication without participating the integration engine, but with proxies and using ICO. No proxies used, the communication without integration engine works properly, but with proxies included it doesnu2019t work at all. According to the paper from Daniel Horacio Bianchin, given in April 2009, page 26, (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/00a8defd-e400-2c10-faaf-8049d83d1e94&overridelayout=true) the advanced adapter engine is able to work with ABAP and Java proxies as well. What is going wrong?

Kind regards,

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

For the AAE to interact with the ABAP Proxy using the soap adapter, I think the ABAP Proxy has to be exposed as a webservice from the backend R/3 system.

Can you describe the steps that you did in PI Integration directory?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

yes, I have tried to use the SOAP adapter and after generating the communication channels I have generated an Integratd Configuration Object. The income message from the business system via proxy is forwarded to the integration engine, but the receiver determination failed.

Kind regards,

Heinz

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to use an ICO, the receiver address in SXMB_ADM of the business system has to be switched to the sender SOAP adapter URL.

If the message is sent to the Integration Server, then the ICO can't be used, as the Integration Server does not know ICOs (they run only on adapter engine).

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have PI 7.1 with EhP1. This facility is only available with it. It not only means using 7.11 SAP BASIS component, but also installing the enhancement pack.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, EhP 1 is included.