cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Crystal APS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use CR 8.5 to display reports in an ASP page with VB Script. The display is working properly until I display 5 reports. From that moment CR wonder login information for Crystal APS and the only way to see again my report is to restart Crystal APS in Crystal Configuration Manager.

What is the solution for this problem ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe you are using the RDC to view the reports. The RDC only allowed 5 concurrent reports to be displayed. Make sure you are disposing of the report objects once they have been closed. There is also a timeout for each user that can be configured, but it's so old now I don't recall how it was done in that version. Look in the Command Console to see if you can configure the session timeout.

Typically the timeout is 20 minutes, also configured in the WEB server. What happens after 20 minutes have past? Can another user view a report?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

What happens after 20 minutes have past? Can another user view a report?

After 20 minutes the report can be displayed again.

I will try to close the report properly in the ASP code.

Also something to check is to see how many reports can be viewed in InfoView. Do you have only a five user limit?

I don't have access to InfoView.

Thanks for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to change the code of the ASP page to close the report after each display but the problem remains unresolved.

Do you have an other idea for this problem ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

In newer versions of CR/BOe we use the post back method so when the user closes the browser to log them off also. Not sure if this would work in ASP. You could use Java script to do the same though.

Other option is to configure Enterprise so the default time out is sooner as well as make the changes to the Web Server. You'll have to contact the CE administrator to configure this.

Thanks again

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also something to check is to see how many reports can be viewed in InfoView. Do you have only a five user limit?