cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean up VL10A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I would like to find out how to clean up VL10A(Sales Order due for Delivery) in ECC. I can see that there are past Sales Docs. still sitting there even though they were a.) rejected at the line item level and b.) deleted. I just want to do the clean up with this report especially for partial qty's that were left out or not shipped. Please correct me if I am wrong, but cleaning this partial qty's that is showing in VL10A will ensure that those qty's are put back to stock/atp stock correct?

I have deleted one of the sales order to see if it will clear out of this report but it did not. Now I am not sure how I can completely delete off the database or off this VL10A report. Doing some research in the forum, I discovered that sales order deletion would impact SD database integrity since the sales order #'s are generated chronologically. So our best practice is to reject S.O.'s instead of deleting them.

Your input is appreciated.

B.R.,

Audie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Audie,

I strongly recommend you NOT to delete the sales orders. The best here you can do is the Archive all the old sales document as required. Which in turn can be used for record puprpose and can be re used as and when required.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

Thanks for the reply. Wish I knew that before I deleted 1 sales order. I can still see it in VEPVG table using SE16 or using SE38 and run program RVSCD100, shows me the "changes" transaction similar to the one you see in VA02/VA03.

So still the question remains, how can I clean up VL10A when the sales orders are fully rejected and still showing in that report?

Rgds,

Audie

Edited by: Audie A. on Jul 10, 2009 4:55 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One simple thought, while applying reason for rejection, can the sales orders be applied with delivery block?

Then it won't appear in VL10 list.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very true,

But, The report RVSCD100 will only show you the changes made by user and not the EXACT changes to the document. For example at a particular time when your management wants to know the list of rejected/cancelled order then what you should do?

Thats why I suggested You can archive the documents by the process of ARCHIVING in SAP. This is standard process and you can refer to this link for step by step method. After archiving your data will be clean up from the SAP table and wont come in the reports.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try the url [Mass Delete Sales Orders|http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/abap/a-code-for-deletion-of-open-sales-orders.htm]