cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating MDM repository for Material Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM Gurus,

I am new to SAP MDM. I want to create MDM repository for Material Master. What I unddertand is, I can create repository using Bussiness Content shiped with MDM software. I will copy *.a2a file to archive folder of MDM server and unarchive repository. I have following question for you.

1. HOw do I use export maps and import maps which I found in Busines contenst\Material folder?

2. How do I use MDM Lookup Tables which is xml document in Busines contenst\Material folder?

3. Why is the use of MDMGX_55520_Material.txt file which I found in Busines contenst\Material folder?

4. What is the use of *.xsd files and how can I use them?

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh

1. HOw do I use export maps and import maps which I found in Busines contenst\Material folder?

save all the map files on your loacl machine. open import manager and select file-> Import, browse to the .map file and save the map with a meaningful name. now next time connect to the source file you want to import and OPEN the map saved.

2. How do I use MDM Lookup Tables which is xml document in Busines contenst\Material folder?

Businees content contains the standard ECC refernce tables like countries, regions etc which can be refreshed from ECC. for this you have to configure MDMGX, defining all the ports in MDM and in ECC the tables from which data has to be refreshed. refer to below threads for details.

3. Why is the use of MDMGX_55520_Material.txt file which I found in Busines contenst\Material folder?

This helps us in configuring the table extraction from ECC, refer to thread->

4. What is the use of *.xsd files and how can I use them?

Schema files are used for syndicating the records from MDM to source system. Say we want to syndicate material master from MDM to ECC and in ECC they will be posted via MATMAS05 IDoc. these schemas are the structure of IDoc which will contain the values which will be syndicated from MDM.

Let me know if you know some more details.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Today I create repository for Material Master. I copied 55600_MATERIAL.a2a file which I found in Business Content\Material directory to archive folder of MDM server and then I used unarchive repository option to create repository.

Repository created with Products table as main table. When I checked main table (Products), I found only two fields:-

1. Name, data type text

2. Category, data type Lookup[Taxonomy]

How can I create complete repository (with all tables and add table data) using Business Contents?

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

please find the replies:

1.HOw do I use export maps and import maps which I found in Busines contenstMaterial folder?>>save all these maps on ur local system.From import manager File>import>Browse to this folder>save with some name

2. How do I use MDM Lookup Tables which is xml document in Busines contenstMaterial folder?>> in import manager,select file type as"XML",browse to this file to be imported and then after entering import manager, open the relevent map.

3. Why is the use of MDMGX_55520_Material.txt file which I found in Busines contenstMaterial folder?>>procedure to use MDMGX.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

4. What is the use of *.xsd files and how can I use them?>>xsd is the structure of xml, for auto import and auto syndication from/to MDM, you need to assign these xsd in console in xml schema table.

regards,

Bis

Edited by: Bis on Jul 11, 2009 5:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bis/ Ravi,

Thanks a lot for replying all my queries.

Now, I have a little bit understanding of xsd files now. What I understand is that xsd file contains export of existing repository. SAP has also provided many xsd file with SAP MDM 5.5 SP6 in Business Content. Like for Material Master (Business_Content\Material\XSDs\XSD), GenericProduct.xsd, matmasmmatmas03.xsd, PurchageCategor.xsd, ReferenceData_R3_ERP.xsd and many more xsd files are provided. In this regard I have following question:-

1. How can we load those xsd file to new Material Master reporsitory? or What is the procedure to load any xsd file to new created repository?

2. Is import map (provided in business content) and import xsd file are interconnected? Do we need map when we import xsd file to the repository?

3. Can we create complete testing repostiory (material master) using those xsd file?

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

The Material Master (Business_Content\Material\XSDs\XSD) SD can be used to create a repository frm schema. In this you would have only the data structure of the repository but no data. See the answers for the rest:

1.How can we load those xsd file to new Material Master reporsitory? or What is the procedure to load any xsd file to new created repository?>>these xsd files are mainly used for auto import and auto syndication from MDM.you have to assign these xsd in xml schema table in console and create ports for each of the table you want to import.Create a map as per the structure of xsd in import/syndicate manager

2. Is import map (provided in business content) and import xsd file are interconnected? Do we need map when we import xsd file to the repository?>>yes we need these import maps bcoz they are as per these xsd structure

3. Can we create complete testing repostiory (material master) using those xsd file?>>>see answerd on first line.

Regards,

Bis