Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO splitting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please guide me how the split TO functionality works:

From the config I understand the following steps:

1)Define split profile for the warehouse number and there is a check box "split pickin area".

So, If i activate this check box, seperate TO will be created for each picking area.

2) Assign the split profile to the sort profile. For example: my sort profile is 1st sort by dest. storage bin and next by Destination Storage Bin.

Hence this setting will be used for sorting out the TO for printing.

Now, I want to know if I want seperate TO for each storage type or by each destination bin. how to achieve it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your question"I want to know if I want seperate TO for each storage type or by each destination bin. how to achieve it."

When ever we need to do TO split.. We should see based which "fields" TO split should happen and for which Storage types. For that you need to config below 1) and 2) . The sort profile below"1" is for inbound TO and "2" is for outbound TO.

any way if you do the below config, system should split the TO based on the config and also you can see and add more fields for your TO split requirement. Please check and try..

1)Sort profile for TO splitting

Warehouse Sort profile 1st sort fields and 2nd like that

LB 1 MATNR KKAPV LPMAX NKAPA

LB 2 MATNR VLBER VLTYP VLPLA

2) Performance data control

warehouse movt type source Destination Profilr TO Split

LB 601 *** 916 Z00002

thanks

tkreddy

Edited by: Tkreddy on Aug 5, 2009 7:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for ur inputs.

So, can we conclude like this:

Splitting will take place for the combinations of wh no, mov type,source storage type and dest. storage type.

Since based on above combination we assign a "Profile TO split".

In definition of profile TO spilt we assign a sort profile(different field names).

So, does system split the TO starting from the first field which is present in sort profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

While defining profile(one) & profile for split(More then one as per your requirement)

We first tick the split indicator for warehouse.

Then we split the TO based on Picking area ( If required )

The field we can specify on the basis of which the requirement is to sort the TO ccordingly.

Then in control of performance data we can specify the .,

Movement type -

storage type -

profile -

split profile

Dev..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are using TO split functionality for one of our warehouses , its for stock removal case. If the TR for a particular movement type is created with more than one line item of different material , if TO split configuration is in place. A back ground job runs for this movement type to create TO for which you should activate the Automatic TO for the movement type in config and the TO's are splitted for each line item.

We have configured Storage loc ref for storage location where we going to put the material and assigned this Stor Loc ref in Storage type search sequence for that movement type and its storage type , so whenever the TO is created it takes from the bin from this storage bin and moves to another storage type bin. You can also try it and let me know if its working.

Thanks

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs...