cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem in Variant configuration. After entering the Charactaristic values to different component materials when I go back and go for incompletion log to save the sales order, there are many items with log of missing data: CONFIGURATION. When I select a line and go for complete data option, system says... "Item only be changed by configuring material XXX (main material). Can any body give some light to solve this.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Sunanda.P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

try this link.

[http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/steps-for-sd-variant-configuration.htm].

Please let me know if you still need any more help.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our scenario, the main problem comes with the component material which is service material. The system giving error " Material xxx has no checking group". Please provde solutions for this.

Thanks

Sunanda.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Experts,

Need we go for all variant configuration settings for the component level materials also?

Expecting positive inputs in this regard,

Sunanda.P

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our material is created with FERT material type and using for variant configuration,in material master basic data 2 view a check is given at "Material is configurable" also. Awaiting inputs of experts in this regard,

Sunanda.P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please confirm is it a BOM material? If yes than complete your lower level item then upper level.

If it is simply configurable material with variant class 300/200 please check you have assigned correct class and charactersitcs.

Also check incompletness log in SPRO for your sales document type.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

Thanks for your reply.

The incompleteness log for our doc. type is given 11 which is also for "standard order" .The variant configuration has BOM also. Is there special configuration for BOM variant ? If so pls.provide the steps.

Thanks for response

Sunanda.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are probably not passing the values from the top level, down to the components ( I assume the components are configurable as well?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give suggestions to come out of this problem.? Still I have problem in this,

Thanks

Sunanda.P.