cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX High Availability architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are lot of things said about TREX and High availabilty in the documentation.

But, there is one thing which is bit unclear after going through the available documentation. Could you share your thoughts?

Scenario:

TREX server#1 TREX fileserver (highly available)

TREX server#2 TREX instance server 1 (master)

TREX server#3 TREX instance server 2 (slave)

Is the RFC connection to the SAP system defined through the Admin tool specific to the TREX server from which it is created?

In other words, will the RFC connection work even if the server on which it is created is down?

Regards,

SR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you look at this

[http://www.sap-press.de/download/dateien/588/sappress_sap_landscape_optimization.pdf]

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidhar,

Sorry if I did not give enough information in my question.

The question is: In a Multiple hosts TREX architecture, we are talking about multiple physical servers around which we built the TREX system. Is the RFC connection (auto generated by TREX on the SAP system) in the SAP system "bound" only to a specific server? What will happen if this TREX server goes down? Will the RFC connection from SAP server automatically sense another running TREX RFC server?

Regards, Senthil

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

For distributed TREX configuration, parameter nameserver.backupserverlist in Visual admin is required for a distributed TREX landscape. So if one server is down it will use this.

For more information, please check below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/5fbb0cc05107dbe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Thanks

Sunny

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I understand its a  very old thread. But I am also curious about how the RFC connection in ABAP identifies the high availability scenario and switches the call to slave TREX server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

The Abap is using an RFc destination to reach the trex. behing the RFC destination, in fact it is TREX  that connects to the rfc gateway  when it starts.

In fact the RFC server is takin in charge all teh rfc communications between trex and teh abap server. The abap server pushes al the communication through the rfc destination then it is the couple rfc server -index server that are in charge of the high availability....

regards
julien.