cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PL_TIMEOUT error in my synch-a synch BPM scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I am getting PL_TIMEOUT error in my synch-a synch BPM scenario.

I am getting this error when i am not getting any response from R3 system.

I had adjusted CHECK_FOR_ASYNC_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT parameter at SXMB_ADM.

After setting these parameter my BPM doesnu2019t STOPS.

BPM keep on running and never ends.

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chitra,

Plz check : SAP Note 1124049 - BPE-DEF: Error for sync/async bridge

Symptom

A process with sync/async bridge fails in the step "S/A bridge: Response to synchronous request", which you can see in the workflow log of the affected process instances. The step history of this step contains the error message "Error when accessing table SXMS_AS_STATUS method: SELECT. 0000000000000000 <ID>". In this case, <ID> represents the message ID of the response message that was transferred to the step "S/A bridge: Response to synchronous request".

When the time that was defined using the parameter SA_COMM-CHECK_FOR_ASYNC_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT is over, you find an incorrect synchronous response message in message monitoring (SXI_MONITOR) with the error PL_TIMEOUT or pipeline timeout.

The error "Container element '_REQUESTMSG_SA_...' does not exist" may also already occur when activating a process definition using sync/async bridge.

When activating the process definition, the system outputs the following errors:

WD 491 : "Binding definition contains errors"

SWF_BND_001 073: "The object types '[CL.CL_SWF_MOD_CORRELATION]' (source) and '[XC.CL_SWF_XI_MESSAGE]' (target) are not compatible".

Reason and Prerequisites

Due to a program error, the system uses the wrong container element as a reference if the corresponding synchronous receive step uses a correlation. Therefore, the element '_REQUESTMSG_SA_...' has the type CL_SWF_MOD_CORRELATION instead of the correct XML object type. As a result, the step "S/A bridge: Response to synchronous request" is called with an initial value for the request message so that the running synchronous communication cannot be completed correctly.

Solution

Implement the correction instructions and reactivate the affected process definitions in the repository.

bold Please implement the mentioned SAP Note bold

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santhosh

But my symptom is like

Error handling for work item 000001786565

Unable to update the BPE status since the pipeline has the error status 'Timeout' A7D607506D4B11

Work item 000001786565: Object CL_SWF_XI_MSG_BROKER method SEND_SYNCHRON_REPLY cannot be executed

No exception defined for system errors

Exception 'TimeOut' caught and transferred to the exception handler

No exception defined for system errors

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if these discussion give you some inputs:

Regards,

Ravi