cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenarios?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

What criteria or the setting in the SRM server ,determines that the Implementation is classic,extended classic etc?

I am working on a system where SC is created in SRM ,and the followon document i.e PO is created in SRM

please let me know

Arshad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Technical+Scenarios

upon the existing business running in the organisation , we should decide which scenario can helps the customer to improve the business after deeply studying their business.

and their purchasing department should convince technical scenario which we propose to customer.

we must study the existing procurement business and we must tell the customer advantages and disadvantages of SRM technical scenario and map the existing business by customising with enhancement and fulfill the business requirement. but sap is very flexible to have both scenario by BADI implementation. for eg. the end user who creates a shopping cart can determine where the ffollow on document should created in ECC or SRM .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

Thanks for the reply,

now i undertsnad that if the PO is created in srm it is extended classic,

but this should be copied to backend right?

but when i try to see this in backend using me23n,it says document dosent exist,

basically i am looking at the configuration detail ,which tells me that is classic or ECS.

Arshad

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad

check in spro

define backend systems and here you might have defined your logical systems of ECC system.

so you must check in that ECC system -me23n and your PO

In SPRO ,Activate Extended classic scenario determines it is ECS or Classic.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

yes ESC setting is active ...and also Backend Purchasing group responsible indicator flagged,what does this mean?

Activate ECS,node documentation says..

set

Enterprise Buyer generates a local purchase order for each item in the shopping cart. All follow-on documents are created in the backend system as well as locally in Enterprise Buyer.

yes,i have checked the backend to trace the po,but couldnt found.

any settings required to replicated the po's created in srm to r/3?

Arshad

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad

Backend Purchasing group responsible helps and makes responsible backend purchase group for follow on documnets whic created in backend.

do you have local purchase group in org structure? so when it goes to ECC system there could be data inconsistency.

if it so , in ecs BBPECS_PO_OUT_BADI helps .

defenetly the copy of srm po will be available in ecc bakend system and check the backend logical system correct client are you looking?

i have seen your very good replies on Sourcing topics.

or else take help from basis , and check respective backend system to look into the PO or via sm59 , you can connect into ecc system .

br

muthu