cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File Scenario - Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of doing File-To-Tile scenario and all the necessary steps are done. The Sender is configured to pick the file from a FTP server and suppose to creat a text file.

The file is not getting picked up at all. The file adapter is red. I don't know why. Can someone please help me?.

Regards

NS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

If the input file, i.e the file you need to send is in <b>XML format you do not have to do content conversion on the sender side</b>, if its a comma seperated file that you are sending then you have to perform content conversion on the sender side also. Just confirm what this is in your case.

Since you say you are not able to see the communication channel under file adapter, make sure you have activated the same, just check under changed list in the directory and activate it if not done.

<b>Have you done the sender agreement?</b>

To help through your scenario follow these links and see if you have missed anything in the process:

<b>File to File scenario:</b>

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

<b>Configuring sender file adapter</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

<b>Content conversion in sender file adapter</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

<b>Sender Agreement</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/db/73e03fc2269615e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope you dont have any confusions with the rest of the settings like receiver determination, interface determination and receiver agreement.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I am using CSV file input. Therefore I will have to use content conversion, correct. Why can't see my comm.channel under adpter monitoring?

Thanks again.

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned earlier-

just check the Commuication Channel under the Objects Tab in the Directory. Sometimes, your changes will reflect there, if so you need to add this to your configuration scneario.

Then try to change the communication channel and activate again. Refresh the cache.

>> Yes you need to use content conversion

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I changed the transport protocol to "File System" instead of "FTP". The input file is sitting in the local pc. Now I can see the Comm.Channel in the adapter monitor.

But I don't see the output file.

Here is the message from RWB->AdapterMonitor.

<b>Sender:</b>

"Sender Adapter v2023 for Party '', Service 'FILETOFILESender':

Configured at 12:33:47 2006-04-29

Up and running: Last message processing started 12:43:47 2006-04-29

last poll interval started 12:43:47 2006-04-29

length 20,000 secs".

<b>Receiver:</b>

"Receiver Adapter v2202 for Party '', Service 'FILETOFILEReceiver':

Configured at 12:35:34 2006-04-29

Up and running - no message processing until now".

Please let me know what the problem is. Again the file adapter is in RED.

Regards,

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So now you are able to pick the file and you are able to see the file data in the SXMB_MONI right? Also check is there any error in the Mapping etc

But you did not get the File in the REceiver right ?

- Check is there exist proper Receiver Agreement for the your interface for this you need to have Receiver Channel. Like earlier check in the Objects tab.

- Are u using content conversion ? If so there will be some problem. TO check this go to RWB->Message Monitoring->Select the selection Criteria-> go to Audit Log in the Message display Tool (MDT)

It will display about any content conversion errors.

- So first without content converson try - just xml output.Then check the status of teh adapter. It should be green.

And then try to convert this with simple content conversion.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I am making a slow progress and thanks for all your help. Here are my findings.

1. I just sent an IDOC to the file adapter and I can see the file data in SXMB_MONI and also I can get the out put file in the target directory. This tells me that there is no issue with the File adapter.

2.For the above mentioned IDOC to file scenario, I have configured Comm.Channel under the Business System.

3.For the File to File scenario, I have configured comm.channel under the Business service. So, whenever I send messages thru the business service I cannot any data in the SXMB_MONI. Is there any thing I need to do in the business service?

Does it make sense to you?

Regards.

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swamy,

Are u able to see the Message Interfaces,while creating the Receiver Determination/Interface Determination.

First open the Business Service created, and add your Inboound and Outbound Message Interfaces under Receiver and Sender Tab correctly.

Also make sure that all communication channels are created under the same Business Service.

Then create a Sender Agreement with Sender Communication Channel. Then Create A Receiver Determination and Interface Detrminantion.

Now try to create a Reciever Agreement.

In NutShell-

1) Create A Configuartion Scenario.

2) Create/Assign the Business Servcie created

3) Add the Message Interfaces to the Service Explicitly

4) Create a communication channel for Sender and Receiver as File

5) Create a Reciever Determination with sender service as a Business Service created just above and reciever as same business service

6) Create a Interface Determination

7) Create a Receiver Agreement with Receiver Communication Channel with Inbound Message Interface

😎 Create a Sender Agreement with Sender Outbound Inetrface and Sender communication channel.

Now test the scenario.

Also check for the file communication channel correctly e.g Ip addres, dierctory and check the ReadOnly Check Box Option in the Sender Communication channel

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I just checked verified. All looks good to me. I found one more thing. I changed the option to 'Delete' in the sender comm.channel and the file is getting deleted. So, apparantley the file is getting picked up. Not sure what happens after that.

Please help.

As always thanks again.

Regards,

NS.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

If the file is being picked up then you must be able to see your message in SXMB_MONI. But you say you cannot find the message in the moni?

Since you are using a business service, have you mentioned the sender and the receiver interfaces in the business service in the directory?

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

<b>receiver interfaces in the business service???</b> I have only sender and receiver comm.channel in the business service in the Integration directory.

Regards,

NS.

Message was edited by: Narayanan Swamy

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the business service in the directory, under sender/receiver tabs you have to choose your outbound/inbound interfaces respectively. Add a new row in the sender and receiver tabs and choose the appropriate interfaces.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I already have the inboud/outbound interfaces in the sender/receiver tabs. The file is getting picked up and not going to the target place. How should the input file look like? My input file looks like this.

<FILEINPUT>

<Record>

<Row>

<FirstName>firstname</FirstName>

<LastName>LastName<LastName>

<MiddleName>M</MiddleName>

<City>any City</City>

<Place>Place</Place>

<State>PA</State>

<Country>USA</Country>

</Row>

</Record>

</FILEINPUT>

Could there be a problem with the mapping?

Regards,

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

Now you are able to see the message in the SXMB_MONi right ?

If so, is the status flag is Red/Black???? If it is Red, try to find the error in window1/window2- for this you can see in the left menu of the SXMB_MONI->Error ..

If you have any mapping error, then take the input XML from the SXMB_MONI(Inbound Message->Payload) and download this and test in the Integration Repository->Mapping . So test this independently.

If the status is Black Flag, and you did not get any file in the output, then go to RWB->Message Monitoring->MDT(Message Display Tool)->Audit Log.. It will tell if any error is there.

First try to dump the file without Content Conversion.

In my earlier post I have mentioned about the same

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swamy

Can you give us the file content conversion parameters what you have specified and the sturcture of the message which you are sending to File Adapter? It makes us to see whether you have given correct content conversion parameters or not?

-

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I am not doing any content conversion. My source file is a text file.

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I don't see anything in sxmb_moni. I get a message saying "no message available for this selection". I am not doing any content conversion.

my inputfile name is fileinput.xml with the following:

- <FILEINPUT>

- <Record>

- <Row>

<FirstName>firstname</FirstName>

<LastName>LastName</LastName>

<MiddleName>M</MiddleName>

<City>any City</City>

<Place>Place</Place>

<State>PA</State>

<Country>USA</Country>

</Row>

</Record>

</FILEINPUT>

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Here is the error that I saw in the message monitoring under Integration server:

Engine Adapter Engine

Status To Be Delivered

Repeatable Yes

Cancelable Yes

Start 01.05.2006 23:01:48

End 01.05.2006 23:10:00

Sender Party

Sender Service INS_FILETOFILE

Sender Interface http:
Administrator\Matcor\XI\v10.1

FILEINPUT_OB

Receiver Party

Receiver Service

Receiver Interface

Quality of Service Exactly Once

<b>Error Category XI_J2EE_MESSAGING_SYSTEM

Error Code HTTP_TRANSMISSION_ERROR </b> Message FF3867F0D98711DAC0DA001422795EE8

Reference

Please let me know how to correct it it this is what the problem?

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the business ervice u can mention the inbound and outbound interface.u will have a tab called sender if u click on tat it will ask for the outbound interface and simlarly u can mention ur inbound interface in ur reciever side.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

There was problem with the HTTP and the basis has fixed it. Now I can the message in the sxmb_moni. The flag is red in color.

As you have suggested, I have downloaded the xml from sxmb_moni->inboundMessage->Payload and imported into IR and perform the testing. There were no errors.

I am getting the followig error message in

sxmb_moni->RequestMessageMapping->SoapHeader->Error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_FILE_TO_FILE_MAPPING_</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>During the application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_FILE_TO_FILE_MAPPING_ a com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException was thrown: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I need your help again please.

Regards,

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Swamy,

First go to IR->Mapping->Test, give some data ,and test it. After successfull test, go to SOurce XML and copy the xml and save to a file . Then try to give this file as a input to your File to File Scenario. Then let me know the error. Are you using content conversion ? If so, first try without that. ie. just give input xml and get the output xml. That is first part of the application debugging.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

1. I did give some test data in IR and test it. No Problem. I can see the proper result.

2. I am not using any content conversion at all.

3. I downloaded the payload xml file sxmb_moni and import it into IR and did the testing. No problem. Worked good.

4. My input xml file looks like this.

<b><FILEINPUT>

<Record>

<Row>

<FirstName>John</FirstName>

<LastName>Smith</LastName>

<MiddleName>P</MiddleName>

<City>Chicago</City>

<Place>MyPlace</Place>

<State>IL</State>

<Country>USA</Country>

</Row>

</Record>

</FILEINPUT></b>

The actual error on the sxmb_moni is

<b>- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_FILE_TO_FILE_MAPPING_</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>During the application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_FILE_TO_FILE_MAPPING_ a com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException was thrown: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error></b>

Regards,

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

Your input xml file should contain Namespace etc. That's reason, I told you to get the xml data from the "Source xml" button in the Test Tab of the Message Mapping. It includes ns:.....etc

So first go and give the test data , and take that input from the source xml button and then give this file as a input file for the File Adapter.It wil work..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy

Excellent job. That worked. Now I can see the output file.

So, whenever a flat xml file comes into XI, does it always have to have a name space? Does it mean we always have to edit the file inorder to mention the name space.

How will it work in a real production environment?

Thanks again.

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swamy,

It is very nice to know that it worked. Good done.

If you want to give xml file as input it is required to have namespace.

You can also try without this , before this, your message should not contain the namespace. Go to IR->Message Type ->there is a one column called XML NameSpace. So just delete it and activate evrything. Then check , it may work.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narayan Swamy,

i am facing the same problem here i.e. "HHTP_TRANSMISSION_ERROR" as the one faced by you. It will be of great help if you can send the changes made by basis people so as to fix this problem.

Abhijeet.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narayanan,

Did you check in sxmb_moni as suggested before?

If the contents of the file you are sending is in the xml format, why are you giving it as a .txt file?

what do you mean by checking the record layout?

Mail me the screen shots of your scenario, will try to help you out.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

I don't see anything in sxmb_moni. But this is what I have found in message monitoring.

<b>" 2006-05-01 21:57:48 Success Send text file "D:\insinfile\fileinput.xml", size 253, character encoding Cp1252 with QoS EO

2006-05-01 21:57:48 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection AFW.

2006-05-01 21:57:48 Success Trying to put the message into the send queue.

2006-05-01 21:57:48 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2006-05-01 21:57:48 Success The application sent the message asynchronously using connection AFW. Returning to application.

2006-05-01 21:57:48 Success File "D:\insinfile\fileinput.xml" deleted after processing"</b>

But I don't the see the putput file. I don't know why its still in the queue.

Regards,

NS.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Go to SXMB_MONI and see the status of your message. What is displayed there?</b>

Are you getting any errors when you test the mapping in the repository? If not, and you are able to see the message in SXMB_MONI and you message has errored out, say <b>you have a red flag then double click on you message and you can see an error message.</b> What is displayed there?

You are doing content conversion at the receiver end too right?, if so do what moorthy has suggested and try without content conversion, and see if the target file is being created.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

I am not doing any content conversion. Just a simple text file as a source and want to see the same thing in the target side. File extension doesn't matter corret? There are no issues with the mapping and I have tested that out.

Can you please check the record lay out and let me know?

Regards,

NS.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

Yes if its a csv file you will have to do content conversion. About not being able to find you communication channel, have you activated it? Can you find your communication channel under objects tab in the integration directory? Go to change lists in the directory and make sure you have activated it.

Have you done all the configurations required in the directory, like the sender agreement, recevier determination etc. Kindly check for these.

Regards,

Chandra

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

What is the error that is being shown in the runtime work bench. In the RWB <b>adapter monitoring</b>, click on the file adapter, it will show the communication channels, find the sender communication channel pertaining to your scenario. What is the error being shown there? Are you doing content conversion?

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your reply. I don't evern my communication channel in the file adapter. The file adapter is red in color. Yes, I am doing the content conversion.I used to send files thru this file adapter before and threre were no problems.

If don't do content conversion, can I just do comma delimitted text file?

Pelase help.

Regards,

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I don't evern my communication channel in the file adapter.</i>

First of all, if you don't see the communication channel in the RWB->Adapter Monitoring, then check is the communication channel is activated.. Also check the Commuication Channel under the Objects Tab in the Directory. Sometimes, your changes will reflect there, if so you need to add this to your configuration scneario.

Second, if you are able to see the Communication Channel in the Adapter Monitoring, then go ahead and process the file. If file adapter is showing any error, then check for the content conversion.

I think, there is a problem with content conversion.

Check this for more-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

Re: File to File Scenario - Problem

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 9:04 AM

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your reply. I don't evern my communication channel in the file adapter. The file adapter is red in color. Yes, I am doing the content conversion.I used to send files thru this file adapter before and threre were no problems.

<i>If don't do content conversion, can I just do comma delimitted text file?</i>

In sender side Content Conversion is used to convert the any text files into xml versin of that.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy