cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fill in the footer of SO with freetext of customer automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is a function under the GOTO menu, named Opening and Closing Remarks. there are 2 frames in this window. By checking the System Information, I find the bottom frame call footer. It can store up to 64000 characters. It fixed me. I want to fill much text in it, Using the free_text of customer just right on this SO.

I try to create an Use-Defined Value on this footer for catching the free_text of customer. But it seems doesn't work.Following are my test SQL sentences and its running result:

1) SQL:SELECT T0.Free_Text FROM OCRD T0 WHERE T0.CardCode=$【$ 4.0.0】

After using shift+F2 on foot, it show's nothing. I check the running SQL :SELECT T0.Free_Text FROM OCRD T0 WHERE T0.CardCode=N''

2)SQL:SELECT T0.Free_Text FROM OCRD T0 WHERE T0.CardCode=$【ORDR.CardCode】

After using shift+F2 on foot, a system warning shows: Internal error(-1004) occurred (message 131-183)

how can I do to get it? Otherwise B1 doesn't support using variable between two separate interface ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you Pls explain me I want to fill much text in it, Using the free_text of customer just right on this

Ashish Gupte

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that you cannot use a UDV in the Opening and Closing remarks window because it is a separate window to the main document window.

In the separate window, you do not seem to be able to reference fields in the main screen (the $[] bits in your SQL).

I think that the best that you can do is to use something like

SELECT Free_Text, CardCode FROM OCRD

which is not really much good.

(Since you are able to print the Free_Text from OCRD, I presume that you want to copy it so that it can be amended...)

Regards,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Douglas.

you means that I have to copy free_text of customer manually?

Because there are many terms about exportation already store in the free_text of customer master data. I really want to fill it in footer of SO automatically without manual. Any other solution or idea?

Regards

liang xiao qin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that you cannot reference fields in the main window from within the Opening and Closing Remarks window. I think that you have 4 options.

1. Select from a list of all Free_Text.

If you use the SQL above, it will show you Free_Text for all BP's so you have to find and select the one that you want.

2. Enter the BP Code and find the Free_Text from that.

To do this, right-click and Copy the BP Code in the SO header, then open the 'Opening and Closing Remarks' window, and paste the BP Code into the footer (Closing Remarks). This UDV will allow you to replace the BP Code with the Free_Text.

SELECT CASE WHEN EXISTS (SELECT CardCode FROM OCRD WHERE CardCode = $[$10.1]) THEN (SELECT Free_Text FROM OCRD WHERE CardCode = $[$10.1]) ELSE $[$10.1] END

3. Add a UDF to the document header and use that for the footer.

4. Print OCRD.Free_Text on orders but do not copy it to the orders.

I hope that this helps.

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Douglas

I will have a discussion with my customer based on your helpful advice.

Regards,

Liang Xiao qin

Answers (0)