Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tcode SBWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know about the Tcode SBWP, how it works. I'll give you an example.

In our case we use it for documents approval (invoices, sales requests, etc.) in different business processes . It seems that for example to approve a sales request,the user who has done it uses a workitem that appears in them menu of the Tcode SBWP. If they approve it then it seems that somehow it begins an automatic process (event or something like that) and the user WFBATCH (a generic user) is the one that throws the Tcode ME54N (To liberate sales request) to liberate the request finally in the system.

We need to know how it works beneath this Tcode to see how the autorizations work.

I need help.

Thank you.

Pablo Mortera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The automation of process happens with Workflow.

Check if any workflow is used to trigger that.

Switch on the trace using SWELS transaction,execute your transaction then switch off trace from swels.

goto swel and execute you will get the workflow that is used.

9 REPLIES 9

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The automation of process happens with Workflow.

Check if any workflow is used to trigger that.

Switch on the trace using SWELS transaction,execute your transaction then switch off trace from swels.

goto swel and execute you will get the workflow that is used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pedro ,

SBWP - is the Business Workplace .

The work items are mailed here ..

in the exaple given by u ,Approving the mail triggers the Workflow

who will do the task is assigned in Organisationa PLan and Rule for agent assignment is done

check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c5/e4a930453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SBWP is SAP inbox tCode .if manager have logged in his ID,than he can go to SAP inbox.If any workflow has been triggered than he can get an workitem in his inbox and he can click on approve button to approve the invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer program SAPMSSO0 for more details.

Regards,

Deepa Kulkarni

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

In the example you stated the processing is being handled by SAP Workflows.

Workflow as the name states is used to perform a series of tasks in a particular sequence.

WF_BATCH is a system user which is used to process background jobs run by workflows.

All the decision atsks like those that require Approval/Rejection etc are visible to the user to act upon in transaction SBWP.

SBWP is Business Workplace or you can also refer it as SAP Inbox. You can use it to read incoming mails to your SAP ID, act upon workflow tasks and also view error messages. You can send mails to a particular user, distribution list etc from the same place.

In your case, when a workflow task i.e. documents for approval (invoices, sales requests, etc.) come to the SBWP inbox, user can act upon them approve them and the workflow proceeds to the next step i.e.to display the tcode ME54N.

There are much material on workflows on SDN for reference.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be that some workflow has been created for the same, and the approval of the workitem must be the event that triggers this workflow.

A workflow is basically a series of steps, basically a flow diagrma sort of thing, which tells what needs to be done, by whom and at what time based on some triggering event.

Hope it gives you some idea.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But in the worflow of the SBWP, where do I put the autorizations for the approvers?

Where Do I say what the approver can approve or not? Do I put it in the sales Tcode for example or in another place?

Pablo Mortera.

0 Kudos

hi,

To decide who should receive a workitem and execute the task we use organisation plans and roles.

please check this documnetation on Role Assignment

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8c/1923d1932b11d2a5ea0060087a79ea/content.htm

hope this helps you