cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external lib dc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

after creating an external dc, should i transport this to all the systems defined in the track?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Yes the JARS included would be required for the build process in CONS phase. No deployment will take place as external library DC dont have a deployable state.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i will do it until CONSOLIDATION, but is it required to do an "import" on the other tabs such as "TEST", "ASSEMBLY" or can I remove that particular acitivity which includes the EXTERNAL LIBRARY creation.

if it is not deployable, doesnt that mean that, i need not do an import of that activity which included that DC creation.

rgds

Message was edited by: yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

Have a look into this weblog.

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Here, you can deploy your J2ee library project which will deploy external libraries on runtime systems.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you want to do is not possible: After Consolidation comes the Assembly stage where you cannot delete transports anymore: everything related to a particular SC is assembled here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is

i created an external DC, which is included in a activity named "ABC". i activated and released this activity.

NOW,

Is it <b>mandatory</b> to import and transport this activity, "ABC" through all the runtime systems defined in track (DEV, QA AND PROD)? or is it OKAY if i just do it until CONS/ ASSEMBLY phase and delete it from later on? i.e. not to do import in TEST AND PROD TABS?

thanks

Message was edited by: yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi

First of all is the external DC for "compilation" or "assembly". Compilation means the referencing DCs require it only during development time , the runtime references are resolved through other means Eg; 'Sharing references' in Portal components. Either way it doesnt matter if your import. But you cant pick and choose activities beyond consolidation

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

My answer is:

You cannot prevent it from being transported to all runtime systems:

You import the <b>transport</b> into the Consolidation stage. Then during the Assembly stage you create an <b>assembly</b> from all pending transports belonging to a particular SC: This builds the <b>entire</b> SC, giving you an SCA, containing <b>all</b> Development Components that are part of it, this also includes the DCs that were not touched in any of the given transports. So, if you would delete this assembly from the Test import queue and import an assembly that you create afterwards into the Test stage, that one will still contain your External Library DC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

As you said, " the runtime references are resolved through other means Eg; 'Sharing references' in Portal components." I have added "libfile" to the web dynpro reference/share library. "libfile" is the name shown on my visual administrator. (J2ee server component/library)

It is deployed to a server where my EP and J2EE engine resides. My problem is that I can compile the DC successfully but not able to access the KM APIs (which are wrapped in those jar files deloyed in external libary DC). Did I miss something here? Please kindly give me some adivce.

thanks,

Zita