Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work process trace file

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Work process trace file Dev_w0 , is not showing current system logs, its has stopped colleting the system logs , How do it restart the trace file.Can you any put some light on this...

Thanks

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I will put my question like this..

Dev_w0 is not colleting any devloper logs any more. While as Dev_w1... etc are colleting the logs till now, so what should be the problem, i checked the space, space is ok.

Jack

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's unusual... You could try reset them... SM50 -> Process -> Trace -> Reset -> Work process files.

That will clean up all your developer traces.. Also make sure that the status of your WP's its ok.

Regards

Juan

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

I have reset the files, All the Dev_w* has been reset except dev_w0, its still showing the same data init.

Jack

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe try renaming or removing dev_w0 and reset the trace to see if a new files is created. Also a system restart wouldn't be a bad idea.

Regards

Juan

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

ok.Dose renaming this DEV_w0, requires system to be restarted or only the this dev_w0 process restart is enough?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rename dev_w0 and do a trace reset, the system should create a new developer trace if dev_w0 does not exist. No restart required...

I mentioned that a system restart might fix the issue in the case this doesn't work

Regards

Juan

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan on this. It fixed now.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dev_W0 contains logs of the activities done the work process 0 and it does not collect any system logs.If you want to see system logs goto TX SM21.

As juan already said be clear with your question

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's your question?... dev_w0 is a developer trace and does not store system logs.

Regards

Juan