cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defect class automatically appear during single result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Background: Upper limit: 100, Lower Limit: 50, Target: 80, single recording.

Question: During result recording (QE51N) for MIC, why when entering a value which is smaller than 50, the defect class column will trigger value u201C04 Minor Defect Au201D automatically? And why when entering a value which is larger than 100, the defect class column will trigger value u201C01 Critical Defectu201D automatically?

May I know is there a setup on the configuration to control this if so where in spro?

Thanks

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

Please check carefully. In your reply itself you have mentioned the defect class is available

Then, the next screen consist of a table ( which has code, short text for code, defect class, u2026) and with Code Groups and Code, but there is no entries in this table (i.e. no code and no defect class line item in the table.

This defect class in the catalog determines the defect class in the result recording

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Your question is helpful that MIC is a automatic defect recording. I have three defect codes from the same code group inserted into the MIC (i.e. General, At Upper Spec Limit, At Lower Spec Limit)

However, if I go to the QS43, and I enter catalog: 9, and code group: QMS. Next I hits enter key. The First Screen consists of a table with code group and it is has a status of released. I highlight this code group QMS line item, and clicks the Codes node on the dialog structure tree. Then, the next screen consist of a table ( which has code, short text for code, defect class, u2026) and with Code Groups and Code, but there is no entries in this table (i.e. no code and no defect class line item in the table.

Thus, how does the system pull out the defect class automatically upon a result value is keyed into the result field during result recording if the setup is not in "QS43 - catalog > codes > defect class"?

Thanks

YY

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

Defect class is updated in the result recording in 2 ways

1) If there is not automatic defect recording set then system proposes the defect class based on the Plant setting

SPRO> QM> BAsic setting > Plant level setting > plant > inspection lot creation > presetting lot creation > Defect class

2) if there is a automatic defect recording set then defect class is proposed based on the defect class of the defect codes

This can be seen in QS43 - catalog > codes > defect class

hope this helps

regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Based on what you had explained and I cannot find any logical linkage on this topic.

Let me explain again my question.

During result recording (QE51N) for an MIC (it can be either single or summarize recording), I enter an inspection value into the Result field. This value is higher than the upper limit range. Thus, it is rejected.

Question:

My question is when this value is entered (which is smaller than lower limit), the defect class column will trigger a value u201C04 Minor Defect Au201D or whenever this value is entered (which is larger than upper limit), the defect class column will trigger a value u201C01 Critical Defectu201D automaticallyu201D. Why the system automatically assigned a value on the defect class field upon a result value is keyed into the result field during result recording? how does the system setup on this?

Yes, this MIC has three defect codes assigned to it on the catalog section in QS22 (i.e. on the defect code for rejection section). On the SPRO, I didnu2019t see any linkage setup between a defect code to a defect class.

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go to MIC

QS22>check catlog entry>check defect codes for rejection.

if you maintain her some defect code then ....when char is rejected this code will appear & coorosponding defect class maintained in customization will appear here.

Regards'

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you want defect class or char weightage.

Please revert back

Regards

Sujit

Edited by: SujitSND on Jul 10, 2009 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In inspection plan, for the particular characteristic you must have assigned defect codes for both lower and upper limit. The defect class appearing is from the defect codes assigned there. (check defect class in QS41 for catalog type 9 - which is assigned in the inspection plan).

regards

hemant