cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle to mySAP integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Oracle running on NT with mySAP SRM running on UNIX using XI 3.0. We would like to update the data from oracle to SRM system.

I have JDBC driver is already installed in XI and have a RFC for SRM system update.

This is what I have completed for synchronous communication so far.

1. Created a SC in SLD for oracle db with necessary technical and business systems.

2. Imported SC and completed design of interfaces in IR.

3. For the sender configured JDBC adapter and RFC for the receiver.

4. I have a Select statement in the sender JDBC adapter.

I would like to know based on the poll interval in sender channel, will the SRM data gets updated based on these steps ?

Appreciate your time,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you didn't mention any other configuration steps apart from the communication channels, so did you create sender and receiver agreement, receiver determination and interface determination? Without these configuration objects your scenario is not yet complete and will not work.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine,

In fact I have completed all the config steps like receiver determination,interface determination,sender and receiver agreements.

I wants to know if database location is matter I mean does it needs to be in the same domain as XI server ?

thanks

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

your first statement didn't contain anything about domains but anyway.

Normally it should be possible to connect from XI to a JDBC server in another domain if the domains are within the same network. Just make sure you give the according parameters in your connection string, e.g either the IP address or the fully qualified hostname.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine,

I am testing the scenario and let you know if I come across any issues.

Thanks

Steve.