Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI7 query needs to restrict on variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have created a query in BI7 with variable & we are able to execute same query with value of variable. We have variable on grade field and grade field having values like A, B, C. We have created custom object like z_grade and provided corresponding info object values in that object. In technical character we are proving values only 'C' in from and to field still query is executing with all variables. We are providing access of S_RS_AUTH with values OBI_ALL

1. Let me know how we can restrict this query with variable 'C' only.

2. Let me know what the actual function of S_RS_AUTH object is in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Digambar

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Digamber,

Maintaining S_RS_AUTH as 0BIL_ALL is just like SAP_ALL, i guess you should go through the SAP BI Authorization concept.

Try searching in SDN Library for SAP BI Authorization concept.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=sapBISecurity#sdn_content_category_value_library

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create authorization object Z_GRADE from RSSM then restriction through S_RS_AUTH will not help any thing. In that case you need to directly assign the object Z_GRADE in the role and need to restrict the corresponding activities.

If you have created an analysis authorization from RSECADMIN then don't put 0BI_ALL in S_RS_AUTH. 0BI_ALL will give full access for all analysis authorization. Instead you assign the analysis authorization Z_GRADE in S_RS_AUTH or assign Z_GRADE to user through RSU01. Don't give 0BI_ALL in S_RS_AUTH.

Thanks,

Pravansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As you created custom authorization object Z_GRADE, inorder to restrict grade C for a particulat user you need do the below steps.

1. Create a role with auth obj Z_GRADE with value C.

2. In RSSM, link auth obj Z_GRADE with the infocube for which you will execute the query.

3. Assign the role to the user.

You don't need to do anything in S_RS_AUTH here as S_RS_AUTH is required for analysis related authorization. But as you are using custon auth obj S_RS_AUTH is not required here.

Thanks,

Pravansu

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have this issue with BI7 and it is solved now. Thnaks for your support.

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Digambar,

Try out in BI forum.