cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUNCTION NOT IMPLEMENTED error when calling C# method from SAP, why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've build a server stub in order to get SAP calling my own methods that exist in the C# world, for that I developed several methods in a class that extends SAPServer and then implemented them...

I added the special custom properties needed (Abap Name, length, etc) to the function and to its parameters, I've made the ABAP code required to call it...

I've checked, every parameters that I place in ABAP (importing, exporting and tables) are also defined in C# (its 53 parameters) with the same name (in C# they are in capital letters and in a diferent order but I tried this before and it didn't matter)...

The name of the function is the same...

How can I get the 'FUNCTION NOT IMPLEMENT' error in SAP?

What's going wrong when I get this error?

Can anyone tell me?

Is there any place in this site that has a error description and possible reasons?

When I get a parameter wrong I get a different error (I tried to make smaller functions and they work fine).

Thanks for the help,

Nuno Felino

Message was edited by: Nuno Felino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It sounds like that you were hand-coding the customer attributes of your methods and parameters. Why don't you use the Wizard to do that for you?

If the methods you are going to implement in C# do not exist in ABAP, you should first use the ABAP function Builder(SE37) to define the ABAP function interfaces (without implementation) and then use the Wizard in Visual Studio to select these newly defined function modules and generate C# stub for you.

Guangwei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll explain what I'm doing:

- we have a set of services made in a C and VB that are available using an API in C#, these services must be available to SAP. So I have a program that will see what parameters the API service requires and makes a proxy so that SAP can call these services.

To do this I must map SAP types with C#, build the function signature and then implement it. So I cannot use the wizard to do this

Now, back to the question, what kind of customer attributes I got wrong to get that exception? The most logic is the AbapName of the function but they are equal (the one called in SAP and the one in the customer attributes of the function)...

Thanks for the answer, can you give me any more hint?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, already found out the problem

The name of the function must not exceed 30 characters, my had 31, it seems that when you do a call in SAP it cuts the string to 30 chars...

Then when it tries to find the method in C# it cannot find it, because it has more than the max length allowed.

Thanks for the help.

Answers (0)