cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download code used in tutorials ?

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

The tutorial "Using EJBs in Web Dynpro

Applications" requires that TutWD_EJBinWD_Init.zip be downloaded from SDN, but I cant find it.

From the "Web Dynpro Sample Applications and Tutorials" page, all the code can be downloaded, but downloading the correct tutorial is not intuitive at all. The tutorials have numbers, but my tutorial pdf does not. A search for "TutWD_EJBinWD_Init.zip" on sdn finds the tutorial pdf but not the actual zip file to download! There must be a better way of finding the code!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Surprising...those tuts are really intuitive. I used them a lot and didnt face any problem. Can you please clear on what you mean by downloading code.

In the sample applications and tutorials, you can download the templates there, to start your tutorial.

If you have any problem, download the zip file to your local directory, unzip it. In NDS, select import in Main Menu, and select the unzipped folder of the project from Import and existing project into workspace.

Your project will be created easily through this approach.

Thanks,

Raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

My problem is not with the actual tutorial, its with the downloading of the code that goes along with it. <b>I now realize that if you access the tutorials from the "Web Dynpro Sample Applications and Tutorials" page, then the corresponding code can be easily found.</b>

The first tutorials I worked on were accessed from the help pages of NWDS. From there the tutorials tell you to download the code from <b>Developer Areas -> Web Application Server -> Web Dynpro -> Code Samples -> Sample Applications and Tutorials.</b>

This brings you to "Web Dynpro Sample Applications and Tutorials" page and this is where I was having trouble finding the code that goes along with the tutorial from NWDS. Someone working on a printout of the tutorial would have the same problem, as there is no link to the code based on the name of the tutorial.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Developer Areas -> Web Application Server -> Web Dynpro -> Code Samples -> Sample Applications and Tutorials.

contains full project, you have to download that zip file in to some folder( in order to download you have to have sdn user ID and Password) once zip file is downloded unzip it the unzipped file copy in to work space.

now in NWDS -> File import -> Exizsting project in to worksapce -> select your project.

it will be in NWDS you can see the source code, now you can copy, modify ...

<b>but only source code you can't download..</b>

hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the input.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefen,

here is the link for the tutorial zip file that u need..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/a11ba7c8-0401...

Here you will find the whole ready made project also and the initial structure for that project also...

u can download and use any of them...

Now suppose you download the readymade project on your desktop.

Now, extract that zip folder.

And copy the extracted folder in the workspace of your Netweaver development Studio.

Now from the studio go to

File-> Import ->Existing project into workspace -> Next and browse the folder that you have copied into workspace.

The project will appear as a created project along with the whole code.

If u still face any problem...never mind coming back!!!

Cheers...

Regards,

Tejas.