cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Configuration RFC Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to configure CCMS in our landscape.

In RZ21 - Technical Infrastructure - Configure Central System - Create Remote Monitoring Entry

When I try to Create a new ABAP system RFC connection, I am recieving an error

"Error when opening an RFC Connection"

"Error during remote call of SAL_MS_GET_LOCAL_MS_INFO function:"

I was using client - 000, User - csmreg.

SOLMAN 7 Ehp1.

Please help me in resolving this error.

Thanks and Regards

laxmikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe we found the solution, but maybe you found it long time ago.

The problem is with the RFC <SID>_RZ20_COLLECT. That RFC is trying to connect using load balancing. You test the RFC manually and it gives a connection error.

So, as we saw that in the past already, we logged on to the <SID> system and test all access to the application servers via SM51. Once we were able to see all the apps from SM51, we went back to SM59 in Solution Manager and tested again and the RFCs worked fine.

It is important also to highlight that you must have the entry sapms<SID> 36##/tcp in the services file of the source system makin the call and your own PC.

The combination of those factors fixed the problem, which is exact to the one you opened a ticket for.

This ticket may be closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue when I create monitored entry in SLM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your replies.

I am working on SOLMAN 7 EhP1.

I have logged into SOLMAN using my User ID and not CSMREG

In RZ21 - Technical Infrastructure -->Configure Central System -->Create Remote Monitoring Entry

In EhP1 the screen is modified so that we can create RFC Connections SID_RZ20_COLLECT & SID_RZ20_ANALYZE without using SMSY or SM59. We have to give the entries for

1. Type of System ( In drop down list) - ABAP, JAVA, DualStack, etc.

2. SID

3. Hostname

4. Client Number

5. User for RFC Connection. (here I am using CSMREG of the Monitored ABAP System)

As we give the above entries RFC Connections to monitored systems are automatically created.

For this I am getting errors:

KIndly help.

Thanks and Regards,

Laxmikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check your services file on CEN. It must contain this line for your monitored system.

sapmsSID 36<sysnr>/tcp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LaxmiKanth,

Have you resolved the problem. Please help me! I'm strugling in the same issue.

regards,

krishna J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, I didn't need the step 'Create Remote Monitoring Entry' at RZ21.

Just create the RFCs at SMSY.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your replies.

I am working on SOLMAN 7 EhP1.

I have logged into SOLMAN using my User ID and not CSMREG

In RZ21 - Technical Infrastructure -->Configure Central System -->Create Remote Monitoring Entry

In EhP1 the screen is modified so that we can create RFC Connections SID_RZ20_COLLECT & SID_RZ20_ANALYZE without using SMSY or SM59. We have to give the entries for

1. Type of System ( In drop down list) - ABAP, JAVA, DualStack, etc.

2. SID

3. Hostname

4. Client Number

5. User for RFC Connection. (here I am using CSMREG of the Monitored ABAP System)

As we give the above entries RFC Connections to monitored systems are automatically created.

For this I am getting errors:

KIndly help.

Thanks and Regards,

Laxmikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmikanth

SAP systems are included in the central monitoring system in transaction RZ21. choose Technical Infrastructure -->Configure Central System -->Create Remote Monitoring Entry. In the Target System ID field, enter the SID of the SAP system to be monitored.

Now create the two RFC connections from the central monitoring system to the monitored SAP system. Choose Goto >RFC Connections. The system displays transaction SM59. Create two RFC connections here the connection is of type “3”. The user CSMREG should create in the remote system in client 000 using a function in transaction RZ21. To do this, use the path Technical Infrastructure>Configure Central System -->Create CSMREG User.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Dirk wants to confirm, did you login with CSMREG ? if yes...Please don't.

First understand the meaning of this user and where this is utilized, via documentations.

'RZ21 - Technical Infrastructure - Configure Central System - Create Remote Monitoring Entry' is NOT used to create an RFC between the Solman and the satellite system. RFCs are to be created in SMSY, all three...READ, TRUSTED and TMW. So, please read the documentations.

Above procedure is just to creating an entry of the satellite system, so that it could be seen in 'Setup System Monitoring' screen.

service.sap.com/rkt-Solman would be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you login with CSMREG? Whic RFC do you want to create (READ or TRUSTED)

I guess you took CSMREG, who has not sufficient privileges.

Try with your user and assign CSMREG only in the READ connection.

Regards,

Dirk