cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR XI R2 .net viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu2019m developing a .net application where I need to preview a Crystal Report. The application is a u201CClickOnceu201D application. Normally to my understanding the viewer dlls needs to be installed and registered on the client machine using an msi which is created from the merge modules released by Business Objects. Since this is a u2018ClickOnceu201D application I canu2019t install or register any dlls. So for this I need a viewer which doesnu2019t needs dlls to be installed or registered but just copying would be sufficient. Is such a Crystal Report Viewer available and if so what and where can I find it? What files needs to be copied to the client machine?

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

Chanaka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chanaka,

Crystal Reports is not fully managed by the .NET frameworks so our runtime files and assemblies are not included in a framework installation. This is why you need to include our runtime files as part of a merge module/MSI deployment. This is the only way to deploy the Crystal Report Viewer and all the other necessary files.

The Crystal Reports runtime files can be identified as a prerequisite for your clickonce deployment, or they can be deployed separately with the .NET framework. In either case, the Crystal Report runtime files still have to be deployed.

You can search for "clickonce crystal reports" on [msdn.microsoft.com|msdn.microsoft.com] for instructions.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the information. I got some more questions. So according to what is mentioned in the link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227123(VS.80).aspx I need to select u201CCrystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0u201D and it will embed the runtime files to the application is it? So when the application is published and when a user selects the application it will install the runtime files in to the client machine automatically or even if I do as above do I still need to make a msi from the .net runtime merge modules and ask the users to run the msi before running the application link?

Regards,

Chanaka

Answers (0)