cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 Times Out on a Delete operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an ECC 6.0 system up and running, but weirdly whenever a delete operation is performed, the application server throws a run time error saying the system has timed out. This happens when the delete is performed on any code object (right from a program to an infotype). Has anyone experienced this situation before? If so, please let me know how was it tackled.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well. pretty weird... any errors on the logs?, SM21?... have you tried to extend the dialog timeout rdisp/max_wprun_time ?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan, thanks for the reply.

I checked out the logs, it showed a TIME OUT ERROR.

I also checked the rdisp/max_wprun_time parameter. It has not been set. I presume that if this parameter is not set in the profile file its defaulted to 600. Wouldl increasing this solve the problem, as i read in a similar post that the recommended value is > 2000.

And interestingly the same problem occurs when I try to launch a reporting tool such as SAP query and SQVI.

Thanks

Edited by: Raju Gurusamy on Jul 10, 2009 2:01 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

600 (10 min) is a very small value usually people use a value in between 1200 and 1800 seconds... in order to test you can set the value to 0 (No timeout) and see how long it takes. After that you can set a value that suits you.

Anyhow, some of those tasks can be done in the background.

Regards

Juan