Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality Add work area and Assign to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Guru's,

In sourcingm Buyer have a "add work area"and "Assign to me" option

When we can go for add work area"and "Assign to me" option and please give us actual functionality for these.

Some times we are getting this error ""'Not possible to transfer the org.data to all items""

Please help on this

Thank you

Shrinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

once you add the sc into workarea , you can negotiate the vendor and assign the vendor and create a follow on document like bid inviatation, purchase order , contract, auction or propose source of supply.

but this space is only for stratergic buyers.

You can source goods using auctions or RFx (request for information, request for proposal, and/or request for quotation). You can source goods with or without integration of Sourcing. As a professional purchaser, Sourcing helps you to process your requirements and to determine the best source of supply.

The Sourcing application is the main entry point for the purchaser to identify sources of supply. Here, you can create:

Purchase orders

Auctions

Contracts

RFxs

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for help.

What is defference between "Add work area" and "Assign to me' in sourcing

Thank you!

Shrinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question has been discussed in the following thread:

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Assign Requirements to a Purchasing Group

1. Select items from other purchasing groups in the search results.

2. Choose Assign to me.

As long as an item remains unprocessed, it appears in the worklist of your purchasing group.

Arshad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shrinivas,

Add Work Area Functionality

Work Area

You can select relevant requirements from the overview (individually or all at once), you can add these to the work area, and remove them. Requirements that you return to the worklist are available to other purchasers immediately. You can use other functions to process the requirements that you have selected in your work area, for example, to create follow-on documents:

1.Hold

You can save requirements in the work area in order to process them later. Requirements that you have held also appear in the worklist of the other members of your purchasing group. When you leave the application, other purchasers can then process these requirements.

2.Propose Sources of Supply

3.Document Preview

4.Group Requirements

5.Create Purchase Order

6.Create Bid Invitations

7.Create an Auction...etc

For the issues,please check the attributes maintained,and also if inherited or not

Arshad

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

'Assign to me' functionality requires you to put yourself under a purchasing group.

You are getting this error because you have not assigned yourself to a Purchasing group in org structure. Go to ppoma_bbp txn and put your position/user id under a purchasing group. Alternativey right click on the position id, select Goto> Purchaser assignments. Then Assign> select a suitable purchasing group.

Regards,

sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

The following OSS Note should solve your problem:

Note 1000706 - Assign to me in SOCO does not work for extend classic

Thanks,

Pradeep