Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of changing the Authorization group assigned to a standard Table

mayank_agarwal7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a standard table. This table has "Display/Maintenance allowed".

This table has an authorization group "SA" and an authorization object "S_TABU_DIS" assigned to it.

I want to change the authorization group of this table. What can be its impact as a whole? Can I assign any Authorization group to this table? What is the transaction to create authorization group?

Any reply to this is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayank Agarwal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

viquar_iqbal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can create authorization group in transaction SE54. It just defines the authorization group and its objects.the authorization group allows extended authorization protection for particular objects. The authorization groups are freely definable. They usually occur in authorization objects together with an activity. You can check them at table TBRG.

Thanks

Viquar Iqbal

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

viquar_iqbal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can create authorization group in transaction SE54. It just defines the authorization group and its objects.the authorization group allows extended authorization protection for particular objects. The authorization groups are freely definable. They usually occur in authorization objects together with an activity. You can check them at table TBRG.

Thanks

Viquar Iqbal

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mayank,

When we change the authorization we need to specify or adjust the change.What i mean to say the roles for the user created earlier or any work flow item created that is the change of authorization object should be manged well so as to satisfy that any other user do not face the problem or there is no problem in execution of various report or ABAP objects.Simply to say we need to update every where for the same. Hope your query resolves soon.

Have a best day ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayanek,

Whether to change or not change the authorization group to a standard table depends on how your PFCG roles are deployed in the environment. Basically you are trying to override the start SAP checks. For example in your case the group SA might be checked by some standard roles and profiles (at the program level). If you are not concerned about this then you'll be fine to override this group.

Sundar